8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Rare ST-1200 HD model?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare ST-1200 HD model?
Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 12:54 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever heard of the Elmo ST-1200 HD AV? It may be a Japan exclusive.

-

I'm curious what's in the cabinet below it. It couldn't be a power supply right?

It has a badge on it that says Elmo AVR system and has a long throw lens.

|  IP: Logged

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of that model myself Jason, but other than the huge lens, it looks almost identical. That lens looks cool.
I wonder if that box underneath is for tranfering the audio and visual to another location. The cables on the floor look more like output cables than power cables in, but i have no idea [Smile]
Nice find!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 05:21 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"AV" suggests that it has something to do with audio-video. Can you tell if it's a telecine projector? Although you wouldn't normally find a long-throw lens on a telecine.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 01, 2016 08:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like some sort of one off custom DIY kit to me. Hardly looks like a production assembly that you would expect from Elmo.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 08:21 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really straining my eyes here, but does the green box say ELMO AVR System on the side? So weird. I hope someone knows more...

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 08:32 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I read, Mathew.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2016 09:55 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to more pictures. After doing some searching in Japanese, I found that AVR stands for Audio Visual Room. It looks like this may have come standard with a 25-50 1.2 long throw lens.

https://box.yahoo.co.jp/m/guest/list?sid=box-l-k2e75 zyoxopplwwkuijxgqswai-1001&uniqid=95a5ea9d-9fa2-4b03-ae91-ca14386e4134

I think the box underneath the projector may be something similar to this 16mm xenon projector pedestal.

The link is in Japanese.
http://www.elmo.co.jp/product/download/data/filmvisual_16mm/cx350xenonps/cx350xnps.pdf

According to the PDF, the pedestal has a "relay line" that can be connected to a "remote line" that would allow you to use it as a AVR system projector.

If you look at the link to the additional pictures, you'll see that the projector does not have a normal ST-1200 HD power cable connector. It uses the power cord usually seen on Elmo Xenon machines. I wonder why?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC