8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » KEMPSKI Lists : here to Download !!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KEMPSKI Lists : here to Download !!!!
Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2016 11:22 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodmorning,

Here are some lists (Newsletters) from Dietrich Kempski.

Prices in Deutsche Mark.

KEMPSKI LISTS / NEWSLETTER

"Lightweight" File (5 Mo) (scanned in Color mode / 600dpi)

Available 15 days from today

Enjoy it !!

[ October 13, 2016, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Phil Murat ]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 12:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a person who is attempting to write an article on Kempski ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2016 12:43 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Osi,

Here is an other one........

KEMPSKI NEWSLETTER

And just for the fun......... :

Kempski "envelope"

-

[ October 13, 2016, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Phil Murat ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 02:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Phil!

They shall be downloaded and treasured along with all my other catalogues from the major players.

Many Thanks Phil. [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2016 02:06 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew and Osi,

I am happy you appreciate !!

There are already around 20 downloads done .....

Newsletters and Lists are from 88/89 .

You need an other one ???? !!!!

KEMPSKI NEWSLETTER 2

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2016 02:49 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kempski" files , sucessful downloadings :

Today, more than 50 downloadings already done !!

[ October 14, 2016, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Phil Murat ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 14, 2016 11:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe me Phil, you don't have to tell me about how good kempski prints were, and still are! These low fade wonders, in my opinion, really set the "bar' high for super 8, even with what Derann was producing!

I would even go as far as to say that they were better as, Derann reprinted a number of Kempski's titles, but the Kempski prints of the same title, were better than the Derann print of a Kempski title.

I'm sure that there are some who would disagree with that, but from what i have seen, I think that it's true.

Thank you for that second Kempski file. SUPER!!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 14, 2016 02:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Your last statement there is true in almost every case I've seen Osi and that includes Red Fox prints also.

Let's not forget, Derann only acquired whatever material was left from these dealers when they ceased trading, so logic says, the negatives were at their best when they were first used to make prints by their original owners as opposed to Derann's era with these.

Either way, there are no bad prints from any of these negatives that I've seen, just varying degrees of excellence! [Smile]

[ October 14, 2016, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2016 02:51 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Phil.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2016 03:40 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,
Its my pleasure, you're welcome .

Osi, I understand . Putting screenshots wasn't especially for you as I imagine you know Kempski material but for many others members (some of them are pretty young) whom have never eared of Him.

Considering the difference between printing results frome a same negative processed and in different contions, it could be interesting to know what are the Duplicating Bench used by a laboratory or an other.

Is there a TIP somewhere for that (Type of benches, how they work, etc,etc...) ?
And then, how many copies is it possible to do reasonnably with a good negative ?

As I remember Derann was working with a Dual Copy machine and Kempski subcontracted the work with a laboratory using a 2x2 copy machine (I don't know where it was in Germany).
I had been given a short "raw" sample of that work (I am afraid to have lost it, unfortunately) for Ben Hur release.
So 3 spleeting are necessary in this case instead of 1 for Derann process.

May be I miss something , is there anybody to confirm?

Hi Andrew,
Concerning "RED FOX" I rember ("North By Northwest" ??) and "The Three Mouseketeers" ,more particularly,(were) was considered the best print(s) ever made in Super 8, is it correct ?

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2016 03:50 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many Thanks from me too! [Wink]

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2016 03:55 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio,

you are welcome too !! [Wink]

As I am still there, are you using an ELMO GS 1200 PCOM ?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 14, 2016 05:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
El Cid I reckon is considered the best of the best Phil

Either way, we're splitting hairs, they are all magnificent by the time we get to these standards on a Super 8mm feature print! [Wink]

Derann did split their prints in two after printing, what method Kempski or anyone else in USA / Germany used.. I have no idea Phil.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 15, 2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there you go! Now, I have to look for a Red Fox print of "The Two Mousketeers"!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC