8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ealing BFCC (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ealing BFCC
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 05:04 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the BFCC has been an inspiration over the years. i have attended myself in the past and always had a tremendous time. what has been achieved over the years really is remarkable. i really dont think some people realise the ammount of planning goes into such an event.and the time given by helpers also. i hope Keith is now looking forward to a more relaxed time at the blackpool film fair in 2 weeks time. i know he really enjoyed last year. all these events throughout the year need to be supported. where and whenever we can.

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 05:53 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping to be there but I have been struck by
" Bells Palsy".
I am really sad about this as it seemed excellent.

Meantime thanks for the posts and photos guys.

Never mind MAYBE next time!

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 06:02 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although we didn't attend this one we are, like many others, pleased to have experience a few over the years. Better some than none thats for sure. Great to hear from John C again, hope all is good with you John.

David, really sorry to hear your wernt well, i do hope you get better and are still viewing all your favourites. How was that standard 8 western you bought?
Best
Tom [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 06:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope also there will be other BFCC in the future. Sorry to hear that the costs are higher than the incomes. I understand more the higher entrance price asked this time. As far I'm concerned, I'm ready to support as possible this event if it is still organized as John's message is suggesting that there is a hope in this direction (if that sentence is English :-).

--------------------
Dominique

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 07:20 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news to hear but 40 years was a good run. From all reports this year went out on a high so better to leave it like that rather than let it wane to a shadow of its previous existence.

Realistically if those in the South East and London are serious about having a 8mm meeting/convention the only option would be to join up with umbrella type organisation like the Westminster Memorabilia Fair then at least you can share costs have a place to buy and sell films and equipment and meet fellow collectors in a film themed environment. If a cinema room could also be developed you have the opportunity to create a similar type experience. You do lose exclusivity but there is the opportunity to attract newer younger faces who are attending a film related event and likely have never been exposed to celluloid.

It certainly focusing the mind that the Blackpool convention is the last event now left standing for film collectors and bar David Guest's intervention would have disappeared quite a few years ago. So if you don't make the effort to attend you are going to lose it.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 07:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, don't forget the Get Together 9.5 and the 9.5 Spring Fair.

--------------------
Dominique

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 08:34 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique 9.5 is pretty well indestructible as a gauge and it seems to have been successful in attracting future younger generations into the hobby. Maybe there are lessons to be learnt two meetings/conventions a year is very impressive [Smile]

Mike

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC