8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig mark 610D help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig mark 610D help
Menno Rietveld
Junior

- posted January 12, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Menno Rietveld   Author's Homepage   Email Menno Rietveld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone!

I recently got my hands on an Eumig 610D projector and most everything seems to be in good working condition except for one quirk.

During the auto threading and forward with lamp modes, both the spindle on the reel arm and the takeup-reel spindle start spinning. The reel arm spindle, with the full film reel on it, spins quite fast, faster than the projector takes in the film, and as such it causes the film to wind off the reel, creating quite a mess.

To my knowledge (which is fairly limited), only the takeup-reel spindle should be spinning in auto thread and forward modes and the spindle on the reel arm should only be be spinning while reversing.

Perhaps I'm just overlooking something in my ignorance, but I hope some of you guys can maybe shed some light on why this would happen and help me out. If you need some pictures or video for clarification, let me know.

|  IP: Logged

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Menno.
Congratulation on your purchase.
This problem is new to me !!!

Take a look behind the black cover. On the front arm clutch.(Where the arm is attached to the "body" of the projector )
Originaly it has been mounted and " fixed" with grey or black laquier.
If not, adjust so it looks like the clutch on the take up arm.

The "pull" on the clutch is normaly adjusted with special tools, you probaly havent got.
SO : You have to adjust... try .... and try again until it works.

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Menno Rietveld
Junior

- posted January 16, 2017 10:53 AM      Profile for Menno Rietveld   Author's Homepage   Email Menno Rietveld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Niels, thanks for your reply!

I have opened up the back, but I'm not exactly sure of what I should be looking for or adjusting. I'm very new to the whole 8mm thing. I have taken some pictures of the insides as well as some videos while operating. Hopefully these clarify the issue.

Videos:
https://youtu.be/wNqAwYcr8x0 (front)
https://youtu.be/1smqROI7iX0 (back)

Pictures:
 -

-

-

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2017 04:01 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Menno.
I just had a lokk at my own 610 Eumig.
It seems to me that your machine has been adjusted incorrectly.

Picture 2 and 3 :
Unscrew (anti clockwise) nuts (with grey laquier) so there is approx. 3 mm visible of the shaft.
Then try again.
When your machine is fixed. Remember to seal with laquier or paint.
To keep the adjustment right.
Good luck.

Kind regards !

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 17, 2017 01:17 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Menno! Turn this nut to adjust the tension on the supply reel. There is also another nut on the other side to adjust the takeup reel. If that doesn't help, You also might want to check the belt and the gears on the supply reel arm itself.

If you would like a PDF of the 610D service manual...just PM me with your email address.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Menno Rietveld
Junior

- posted January 18, 2017 07:35 AM      Profile for Menno Rietveld   Author's Homepage   Email Menno Rietveld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the help Janice and Niels!

I have fiddled around with the nuts a bit and got it working. I will have to tweak it a bit more and probably give it a clean so it works smoothly in all modes and directions, but threading and playing forward no longer results in a mess, so thanks a lot!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 18, 2017 01:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news Menno! The 610D when running well is a little work-horse projector. Looks like you are on your way to getting the tension problem solved and I'll send the repair manual off to you shortly.

--------------------
Janice

Penny Woodcock
Junior

- posted March 21, 2018 09:23 AM      Profile for Penny Woodcock   Email Penny Woodcock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an old (but in good condition) Eumig 605D which has the same problematic fault as describe perfectly by Menno Rietveld on 12 January 2017. This is the fault :

"During the auto threading and forward with lamp modes, both the spindle on the reel arm and the takeup-reel spindle start spinning. The reel arm spindle, with the full film reel on it, spins quite fast, faster than the projector takes in the film, and as such it causes the film to wind off the reel, creating quite a mess."
Penny says :Our film would go all over the table & floor if we didn't gently keep it on the spool with a hand (but that is very tiring).

I have done what Janice Glesser suggested about adjusting the tension on the supply reel and the takeup reel but sadly that has not had any effect. Could I ask you to explain in more detail about checking the gears on the supply reel arm itself. Our supply reel is definitely spinning much too fast for the projector to take in the film. I can send some photos of my projector if that would help you.
I would really appreciate your advice if you can help in any way and if you are able to send the service manual PDF format that would be excellent.
Thanks very much.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Penny

--------------------
Penny

Franco Consales
Junior

- posted October 22, 2018 07:47 AM      Profile for Franco Consales   Email Franco Consales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have completely the same problem. Have you managed to find solution?
I will post some photos of my projector.

Franco Consales
Junior

- posted October 22, 2018 05:04 PM      Profile for Franco Consales   Email Franco Consales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
It works!!!
Many Many many thanks for your help!
I have just changed the tension as you explained in the picture .
[Smile]
Franco

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 22, 2018 06:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is great news Franco! Glad it worked for you. Enjoy your films now [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Franco Consales
Junior

- posted October 30, 2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Franco Consales   Email Franco Consales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I have to rectify what I said.
Unfortunately I have updates. When I decrease the tension of knob the "forward mode" works well but the "rewind mode" not. The film is not rewinded properly.
If I increase the tension of knob the "rewind mode" works well but the "forward mode" not.
So basically I struggle to find a balance.
I am starting to think if maybe there is some problem on the small arm of the front.
Has someone experienced that? Could you please send me a pdf of the Technical Manual?
Thanks,
Franco

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC