8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST800
John Last
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 07:38 AM      Profile for John Last   Email John Last       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had trouble with the sound suddenly stopping on these projectors?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 06, 2017 10:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've had one about 14 years now, and have had any problem you can imagine with it!

I enjoy the machine, I just earned it, that's all! One newly in from the wild often needs a while to nurse back to health.

The classic problem with these (and mine) is oxides on switch contacts. Please unplug the power cord, then work all the sound switches maybe ten times, plug and unplug all the sound jacks, restore power, try it out and get back to us.

Bonus Points: These machines have two wires that need to be unplugged/replugged every time you remove/replace the back cover. Have you had it off lately? (In the old days, this one caused many projectors to be sent out for repair!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did that once where i put the cover back on and forgot to plug in the audio cable. Caused me much consternation trying to figure it out.
Because this 'suddenly' happened, i am assuming it was working before recently, and thus I agree with the 'bonus' above!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 06, 2017 10:43 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-It's like locking your keys in your car: we all get there eventually!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC