8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Farnworth February 18th 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Farnworth February 18th 2017
Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2017 07:28 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those that are attending next weeks farnworth me and my son will be in attendance ,and have lots of 16mm and 8mm fims for sale with brand new 8mm films from just £5 each lots of 16mm features,tv shows and more stop by and say hi or maybe evern bag a bargain always good to see fellow collectors .

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 11, 2017 12:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please check the Upcoming Film Conventions thread for details!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nigel, I will be attending, this being my first fair, having been into film for less than three months, it must be fate, Farnworth being less than 10 miles from my home. See you there
Cheers
Graham

--------------------
"You need to get out more,there's more to life than model trains" they said!
Here I am. They still aren't happy.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2017 06:09 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,graham come and say hello and maybe get a bargain ,best nigel

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2017 06:55 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be in attendance with a selection of films

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 11, 2017 07:42 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far we have not seen a single picture posted of David's great November 2016 Blackpool convention, never mind about videos.
Perhaps Nigel or Graham could get some pics and/or videos of this Farnworth event and post them here, so we can all enjoy it from afar. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 11, 2017 08:25 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I put few ones (see "Blackpool Convention" in the generak yak section) but I had no idea I would be the only one to do so as I saw several other people taking pictures (and even videos). I regret I didn't take more photos.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2017 04:19 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only took video last year, I have sent it to Kieth Wilton, who also took video. There is a shot where we are taking video of each other taking video on both our cameras, but I don't know what he is doing with the "footage".

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2017 01:06 AM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nigel / David, I will certainly say hello as I pass by. On the photos, will certainly try to get a few, but photography isn't really my area of expertise (if I have one)!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 16, 2017 03:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of films are you into Graham and what gauge(s) are you intending collecting?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2017 11:24 AM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, the way you've phrased that question, all of a sudden I feel like a bit of a fraud ; (..... My main interest is getting older non working projectors back up and running again, the steel or aluminium bodied types such as the Rexina P103 or the Bell and Howell 625 / 635 type mainly or the ones with the classic styling such as the Nizo Cinemator or Lomo Luch. I have a number of projects on the go, and of course 8mm by default.....

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 16, 2017 01:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Yes, sorry then Graham, I just assume, wrongly at times, that everyone here has an interest in collecting films. [Wink]

--------------------

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2017 01:44 PM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to Farnworth Andrew? If you are and you can work out who I am, be sure to say hello!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 16, 2017 04:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry John, I will be nowhere else except work now for at least a couple of hours per day throughout the remaining month and March.

Much going on there for the foreseeable!

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2017 05:20 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's OK Graham. I'm a fraud too. [Wink]

At the moment I'm more interested in shooting film than collecting.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 16, 2017 05:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt your on your own here Tom. At least you shoot! [Wink]

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 19, 2017 07:18 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondered how Farnworth went this year? I hope everyone attending had an enjoyable day.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 02:51 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't make it (again) this year due to it being between two other long trips. I hope all went well and I'll try to get there next time.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 01:54 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
RE- the Farnworth Film Fayre, I went to the fayre on Saturday it was a good day there seemed to be quite a few there on the day including some well known collectors including Bob Nicholls,Simon McConway,
Mark Norton, Paul Barker,David Guest who had good stall of films and lots of other film things and Mr.super 8 himself Keith Wilton who said he had enjoyed the day, there was about fifteen dealers there and they all seemed to be trading well. at one point during the day the Fire Alarms sounded and we all had to troop outside for a few minutes until the all clear was given, the catering lived up to it's reputation for it's quality and modest prices,
The Auction was as usual a highlight and produced some very good bargains,everyone I spoke to was happy they had made the journey
and look forward to the next one. There was quite a lot of talk about the Blackpool dinner and convention last November and how people are already looking forward to this years 'Bash.
Keith Wilton has volunteered to present the after dinner film show
so that will be a winner, they will again be films shown on Friday night
for any and all who want to attend and not forgetting the main attraction the Sunday Convention itself which improves year on year all thanks to the Orginiser the irrepressable DAVID GUEST and not forgetting his dedicated helpers who give up a lot of their time for free. If you want details about the convention ring David on Tel No. 07931926550. Rooms at the Hilton for the convention are available as of now ring the Hilton on Tel no. 01253627977 and mention the convention for the special room rates.

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 03:17 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I would agree with everything that David Watson said, never having been to a film fair before I didn't know what to expect, but certainly seemed very busy to me, and a right buzz of activity. I was on my second circuit before the fire alarm went, and realised my girlfriend was still stood outside with our Westie, I had the car keys in my pocket! Anyway I hope to attend Blackpool, and the next Farnworth too. For some reason I expected the fair to consist of loads of stalls selling mainly 8mm film, when actually it was a right mixture of everything film and projector related, and no doubt in a few weeks I will need a spare part and I hopefully will have made some contacts that will fulfil that need. Thanks to Nigel (Parkinson?) for greeting me on my arrival. Anyway a couple of photos follow which hopefully convey the mood of the fair:

-

-

-

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC