8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 15 is coming on April 28th!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 15 is coming on April 28th!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 08, 2017 12:14 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 15th CineSea Film Collectors Show will take place in less than two months. Our Friday Night Feature screening will be held on April 28th and the full day/night event is on Saturday, April 29th.

The CineSea gathering is completely dedicated to film. The weekend is spent watching, buying, selling, trading film and film equipment in gauges from 8mm to 35mm. Equally important, the weekend is spent in the company of like minded film enthusiasts.

Started by John Black & Shorty Caruso back in 2009, they strongly felt that the film collector deserves an affordable show to both promote camaraderie and keep this hobby going!
If you have film or equipment to sell, 6 foot dealer tables are available for $20. You can rent as many as you like. Lou Franchetti and his son will be there with stacks of 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM myself or Lou.

If you've never attended, please take a look at Claus Harding's write-up & pictures from CineSea 14, along with Todd Tuckey's video of the event.

Part of what makes the weekend so enjoyable is the location. We are right next to a beautiful beach, a great boardwalk plus an amusement park! The classic rides at Mariner’s Pier will be running Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.

The Friday night feature will soon be chosen....if you're coming to the convention and have a print you'd like to show, there will soon be a thread where you can nominate your title and then we'll have an online survey to pick the winner. Our last feature was Gary Sloan's amazing 16mm print of Aliens.

The Saturday show starts at 10 AM and many, many projectors will be running non-stop and many, many films will trade hands right up to the group dinner. Upon our return we start our Saturday night screenings which in the past have run as late (early?) as 2 AM.

Please make your reservations soon at:

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)
Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

CineSea 15 details:

April 28th, Friday Evening: Time TBA
Early dinner, Friday Night Feature Screening
Admission: Free

April 29th, Saturday
Hours: 10 AM – 5:30 PM, dinner break, continuous screenings late into the night.

April 30th, Sunday
We are working a fun little film related excursion on early Sunday afternoon.

Admission: $5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 08, 2017 12:39 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-so let it be written!

-so let it be done!

This has become a great tradition, something the regulars look forward to for months.

If you haven't been to one yet, come find out why!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 08, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uncle Bill's -
The Crusader -
Camaderie of our group -
Endless film talk and knowledge -
Screenings constantly -
My goodness, what are you chaps overseas and elsewhere waiting for? - Cheers from Blackhawk Shorty

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2017 06:27 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's always a wonderful time. My favorite two weekends of the year.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2017 11:32 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I booked a few weeks ago, can't wait! [Cool]

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2017 11:52 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! So glad you are coming, Michael! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 22, 2017 04:10 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too - Shorty

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2017 04:07 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I like the spring CineSea the best because it's like the start of the season. Next comes Cinevent in late May, where I get to see part of the gang, then Monster Bash in Mars, PA, then the Buffalo show. Hardly a month goes by that I dont run into old and new friends at these events. The season is then capped off with the fall CineSea, which is somewhat bittersweet, because that's the end of the season (for me, anyway - Delaware is just too far), until the following spring. Can't wait to see you all in just a few days!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 20, 2017 10:16 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I designed a sign-up contact sheet, then we can copy it for our needs - Might not go to Buffalo, as I understand they (the hotel) requires a credit-card, which I don't have (cash only), and it seems they will not accept cash - Shorty

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2017 10:16 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One week and counting!! (Well, for the early birds like me arriving on Thursday [Razz] )

Really looking forward to meeting everyone!! [Big Grin]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 20, 2017 03:27 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'd love to arrive Thursday

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC