8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Coming to CineSea 15? Nominate The Friday Night Feature! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Coming to CineSea 15? Nominate The Friday Night Feature!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 15, 2017 05:51 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The survey link has been sent out and responses are coming in!
If you are coming to CineSea and haven't received the link yet, please email me. Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2017 06:01 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be biased, but I loved the Boathouse that we ate at last year (they are only open in the Spring).

Also - BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE! 😉

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2017 10:51 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If we could do both Indiana Jones and Beetlejuice, I'm on board! [Big Grin]
quote:
Could we take ten minutes culled from each and show a compilation?

After reading the above comments I just pictured a mash up like this:

Gov't official: We have TOP MEN working on it RIGHT NOW.

Indy: WHO?

(End Raiders, splice in Beetlejuice)

Beetlejuice: "Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?

(end Beetlejuice, splice in Airplane!)

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious?

Doctor Rumack: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley

[Big Grin] [Razz]

(PS: A Raiders/Beetlejuice double feature would have be insanely awesome!)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 17, 2017 10:54 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But please call me Shorty

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sent a reminder out to our FB group, Doug! Can't wait for the voting to begin!!!
What Facebook group? Is it public or private?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 17, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Excellent mash up!

Ms. Tucky kindly manages a private CineSea Facebook page. You'll meet her in just 11 days!

Doug

--------------------

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2017 01:31 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great script, David! I love this mash up!!! (Sent you a FB friend request and can add you to the group.)

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 21, 2017 10:45 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One day left to vote!

Doug

--------------------

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And one more week until we all meet again! Yay!!!! :-D

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 21, 2017 01:23 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look, our overseas chaps, come visit us and share the fun - Cheers, Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2017 10:18 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What will we be watching on Friday, April 28th?

Beetlejuice!

David Lucidi's 16mm print of Tim Burton's film was the top vote getter. Thanks to all who took part.

Doug

--------------------

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2017 08:19 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering during these shows are people ok putting their prized films in someone elses projector? Arnt you worried about damage? Or scratches

Sign a waver stating if any damage is done to the film the owner of the projector will not be held liable.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 23, 2017 08:24 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would trust Doug (and his GS Xenon) with my life!

You make a good point though, with somebody I don't know as well it would feel like leaving a Corvette with valet parking!

It's part of why I don't like getting new machines: takes a while 'til I feel I can trust 'em!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2017 08:42 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can bring my own dual projectors (for changeover) if needed, but if the person who offers their 'host projector(s)' for the event was someone well known at the show, I'd trust them.

This is an event about getting fellow collectors together, and I am pretty certain Doug wouldn't just let "Johnny first time" use their projector(s) for the Friday night event for someone ELSE'S print. I believe (going by previous posts/pictures) last October's Cinesea had Gary Sloan using his Marc 300 projector for the main picture (Aliens), a print that wasn't even his. I don't know Gary personally (aside from posts on the forum and an Ebay transaction) but based on reading his posts over the years on various forums he obviously 'knows his stuff'. That's good enough for a long time collector like me to trust him/his equipment without hesitation, even with one of my own prints.

Or to put it another way, if other fellow collectors trust him (or the person hosting their projectors), that's good enough for me as well [Wink]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 23, 2017 08:59 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Excellent point! Since the first CineSea, Gary Sloan has handled the 16mm projection (with Geoffrey Curtis and Joe Griesbach lending a hand and a projector on occasion) and I've handled the Super 8mm end. Since this is a gathering of film collectors, we are all very serious about taking care of the prints. You can see by the number of prints submitted each time that there is a huge amount of trust. Friday nights are but a single feature....the Saturday evening screenings have always been about whatever our attendees want to show their friends and fellow film enthusiasts, as long as the running time is under 20 minutes. This can add up to over 30 precious prints in our hands!
We also hope that the owners have cleaned their prints before handing them over. If not, I try to quickly clean each film before screening it...if not I have Roy Neil's Film-O-Clean mounted on my GS to smooth the way.

Another way to look at it is that once you've come to your first CineSea, you are now among friends. We hang out together, have group breakfasts & dinners, and talk about film for hours. You quickly get to the point where you want to bring something to share with this great group.

Doug

--------------------

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2017 09:06 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very well said Doug. As I said, this would be my first Cinesea but just seeing last year's post/pictures/video, that was enough to cause me to allow Gary (or anyone else) to handle my print without hesitation. I had no idea he's been doing it since the start!?!?!?! That's really cool, and generous of him as well! [Big Grin]

And not to worry, my print of Beetlejuice is in the dishwasher as I type this....and I even added JetDry to ensure a spot-free finish. Should be 'like new' when the cycle is done. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

(Kidding aside, it is clean already....I'm borderline OCD when it comes to making sure my prints are clean [Wink]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 23, 2017 09:11 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for someone to say "Oh, right...I forgot I stapled those sections together as a quick fix years ago...."

Doug

--------------------

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2017 02:11 AM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This is why I don't run the projectors! ;-)

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC