8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Salty the Seal on super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salty the Seal on super 8
Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there!

I have bought a lot of super 8 films in Italy, among them the film "Salty" (distributed by Filmautori Italy) in still nice colours. I find very less information about this film (or series?) and am interested if people among you know more about this? The only thing I see on the internet is that "Salty" would be a tv series, but this film, after the projection of it, seems like a total film. Anyone that knows something more about this sea lion on super 8? [Wink] It is also funny about this film that all the songs are in English, though all the rest is in Italian...

Kind regards!

Nick

-

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 04, 2017 04:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, I think you have the pilot of the serie as IMB says : "Clint Howard was in the pilot but was replaced by Johnny Doran for the show's one year existence." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271767/

--------------------
Dominique

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2017 03:09 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, Dominique, merci beaucoup! [Big Grin] I missed that information [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 05, 2017 04:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I forgot to add that when a musical film is dubbed in French, it is common to keep the songs in their original language (English almost always), so I guess it is the same in Italian. The reason is probably that it would cost a lot to make new songs, and also that it is artistically questionnable to change the songs (after all, operas are played in their original language).

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC