8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question about: Derann's The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938 edition)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about: Derann's The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938 edition)
Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2017 04:56 AM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm aware that Derann released "The Adventures of Robin Hood", but was there other versions besides the feature length release?

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 14, 2017 07:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The Infallible Bowman maybe?? 3x 400ft

And the above release you mention, I think was also supplied ax a 400ft digest I think Doug.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2017 08:15 AM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew and was it Marketing Films that had the 3 x 400' version? Was there ever a 2 x 400 release?

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 14, 2017 11:22 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Robin Hood: The Infallible Bowman" was an Italian film released by Techno Film. It was dubbed into English and my 3 x 400' copy is in black & white.

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2017 05:23 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are talking about the Errol Flynn version Derann also issued 2 official self-contained edited extracts and 1 or 2 semi official reels of extra scenes that could be edited into the main ones (which also needed editing to make a coherent story. These were early releases on SP and my copies have faded, this was before they got the Red Fox negatives.

Gary Sayers
Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2017 03:54 PM      Profile for Gary Sayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also a one reel B/W silent version. There's one on ebay UK at the moment, here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adventures-of-Robin-Hood-Vintage-8mm-Film-/152513055042?hash=item23827c8942:g:HqwAAOSwBOtY85Iv

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2017 08:51 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas,

the German 3x400' version was issued by UFA in 1980.

Maurice,

"Robin Hood - The Infallible Bowman" is an Italian/Spanish production from 1970, not the movie starring Errol Flynn.

The Flynn classic, "The Adventures of Robin Hood" shot in 1938, was available in the following Super 8 editions:

-Derann (Red Fox), 6x400' col snd
-Red Fox, 5x400' col snd
-Derann, 4x400' col snd
-UFA, 3x110m col, German snd
-Ken, 200' bw sil
-Inter-Pathé (Ken), 200' bw German snd (the Ken edition with a German soundtrack)
-Ken, 50' bw sil

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2017 02:53 AM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for the feedback and help!

--------------------

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2017 12:51 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Taffis just corrected me that the Red Fox full-length feature was sold on 6x400' reels as well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC