8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Widest angle lenses for 8mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Widest angle lenses for 8mm
Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2017 04:14 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering just out of interest what are the widest angle lenses avalable for 8mm projectors.I know some zoom lenses go down to 11mm.I found an isco-gottingen 10mm fixed which fits my eumig & noris projectors perfect and produces a huge picture.This is the widest i have heard of, are there any even wider ?.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 23, 2017 04:31 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10mm is the widest I have actually seen, but I think maybe one of the cassete mobile type in a case projectors maybe had one a little larger even ?

Best Mark.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2017 04:55 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was also an adapter lens the "Spacial sideral attachment for 8mm cine". This was a large lens (50mm)lens of a great negative dioptre value in a mount that was designed to screw into the front of the projector lens.

I haven't got any lens it will fit like that but it does provide a rather larger picture if you can adjust the projector lens enough to get the picture in focus.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 10mm isco lens Jason,very good it is too.I have always liked the idea of fixed focal length projection lenses on quality grounds.
Bauer did a sound projector with in built screen,that had a 7mm lens I think,now that would go big!

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 01:52 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7mm?
Thank you, for now I have something new to hunt for hahaha.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 09:03 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone using this lens (or similar) to put in front of you filmprojector lens to get a larger image size:

Schneider Ultra Wide Lens Aspheric III-C, M62/M67

e.g.
http://www.wittnercinetec.com/epages/WittnerCinetec-Super8-16mm-Film.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2FWittnerCinetec-Super8-16mm-Film%2FProducts%2F5014-C

I got a request to make an adaptor so that you can easily place this lens in front of your projector. E.g. the Elmo GS-1200.

I want to get an idea if the market for this is large enough to invest in the design of this adapter.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC