8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 2000H film jam and loud 'fan' noise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 2000H film jam and loud 'fan' noise
Alex Bond
Junior

- posted October 15, 2017 04:06 AM      Profile for Alex Bond   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Bond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

Struggling a bit here with a Sankyo 2000H, every time I fix one problem another comes along!

The other day I was playing some film and it jammed followed by what I can only describe as a really loud fan type noise. I've managed to remove the jammed film without damaging it and I've also removed the heat guard to improve picture quality however when I put everything back together the loud fan noise is still present and it doesn't seem like the motor is turning to feed the film through.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Alex

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 15, 2017 04:42 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check to see if the motor belt is broken.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2017 06:23 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both the Sankyo 1000 & 2000 are very reliable machines I've found so I'm surprised to read that you've had problems. It does sound like the drive belt has gone, as Janice says. That would explain the jamming and the increased noise from the fan. The motor must be working as the fan is attached to its drive shaft.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 17, 2017 09:11 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be an easy fix Alex. You can refer to this thread:
Sankyo 2000h - Belt Replacement

Changing the belt is pretty much the same as on the Sankyo 1000 except to be able to fit the belt on the back of the pulley you must remove the lamp and the guard panel behind the lamp. It's not difficult and you should have your projector up and running again in no time.

Let us know how how it went.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC