8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Pedro Box" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: "Pedro Box"
Renzo Dal Bo
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 05:54 PM      Profile for Renzo Dal Bo   Email Renzo Dal Bo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Bill!
a very detailed description in how your sync box works.
Now I have another task: I have to make compatible the 1000hz input sync signals to the output ESS.

Meanwhile waiting for Maurizio's deep test results of my crystal sync box, I tried to realize another box to keep in sync my GS1200 with a video PAL signal.
I know this is not an innovation, but I would like to input both boxes' features in a single box.
This box is provided of an analogue signal input socket, where you can connect any PAL source (as DVD, VHS, Blu-ray and LD players).
The box also has an analogue signal output socket for monitor. I connected it here to a 4.3-inch LCD monitor, taken from a car rear-view system.
This kind of box don't provide a "wild" sync, but a perfect sync, since the projector is driven from the same sync signal of the PAL source.
It is also useful to re-record the digest films. the box can be connected to a PAL camcorder so it is possible to record by that, in perfect sync, the projected film at 25 fps. The recorded film can be transfered to a computer to edit it with the new soundtrack. Then it is possible, if the computer is provided with an analogue output, directly record the film with the GS1200 in perfect sync during the video replay.

-

[ January 31, 2018, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Renzo Dal Bo ]

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

Renzo's devices arrived a few days ago and I have already tested them, in terms of how compatible they are with the GS 1200. The first tests show they are 100% capable of driving the GS 1200 in perfect consistent run at either 16(6), 18 24 and 25 fps. The control gauge on the projector, after fine-tuning, remains "nailed" in the center position throughout the operation (which in this case was to transfer all the reels of "Ben Hur" on my computer for redubbing). It might be of interest to learn that such fine tuning was slightly different on the three GS I used for the tests, but in all cases it was veery limited: which means Renzo's devices need a fine tuning very close to Pedro's ones. The final tests will be to see if there are any drifts during the final transfer of the sound from the computer to the film's soundtripes but based on experience (past and present) I would anticipate there should be no problems whatsover in fact I am very confident....

Stay tuned!!!!

[ January 31, 2018, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Maurizio Di Cintio ]

--------------------
Maurizio

Thomas Knappstein
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2018 08:49 AM      Profile for Thomas Knappstein   Email Thomas Knappstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello at all!
Here are some Pictures of my own made starting and Impulse Box for synchronising the GS1200 with a DVD Player.
My own made Sound DVD´s have a Beep 7 Frames before Picture Start. When the Beep is comming a Relay swiched a Timer on and 7 Frames later the Impulses are on the Elmo and he starts perfekt. With the Pot on the Box I can adjust the Time when the Elmo is starting after the Beep on the DVD.

-

-

-

-

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everybody. Just a little update on the testing phase mentioned several posts ago in this thread. I am glad to say that after extensive usage of Renzo's device, my GS 1200 ran perfectly locked at 24 fps.
The test entailed redubbing in Italian a Kempsky print of Ben Hur (8x180 reels!); because it had been re-edited as opposed to the original spool breakdown (based on 120m lengths), I had to acquire each reel on my NLE system in its entirety so as to be able and compare it to the video source I took the sound from looking for misisng frames which would have caused loss of sync; the final sound transfer from computer to film stripes showed the projector's speed was 100% consistent with the previous phase of capture. So well done, Renzo! I for one can't wait to buy one of your boxes to use as a spare to my "Pedrobox".

--------------------
Maurizio

Renzo Dal Bo
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 01:26 PM      Profile for Renzo Dal Bo   Email Renzo Dal Bo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Maurizio!
these are very good news, for me and maybe for those who contacted me private to know if I am willing to build other sync boxes for Elmo GS1200!
Since your expertise is very thorough in redubbing super8 films, now I haven't any dubt about the functionality of my sync box.
When the prototype will come back, for sure the first built new box will be yours.
Thank you so much for your willingness shown to deeply test my box.
I am going to open a new thread asking if other forum members are interested about the box.
Thank you again.

Renzo

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2018 05:03 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pleasure.

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC