8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea Fall 2017 Pictures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CineSea Fall 2017 Pictures
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 18, 2017 06:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Eumig ram my Std 8 sound print of MOTOR MANIACS, my compliments to Gary C., always a great showman (showoff?) [Smile] No, really he's top-notch - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2017 04:36 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great stuff! yes I am coming next year from all the way down under! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 19, 2017 10:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,

Terrific! In that case, you'll need to know that CineSea 17 will take place on the weekend of April 27th, 2018!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2017 09:27 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,

If you talk Graham Ritchie into coming with you, I'll buy you both a beer!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday dinner, and then I'll do a wrap with the next installment.

"An army travels on its stomach"... and so do film collectors. The Saturday dinner has been a week-end highlight every show as we have sampled our way through different places, usually with excellent results.
This time the destination was the Two Mile Landing Restaurant and Crab House:

-

We had a bit of a traffic jam when we arrived 30 strong; people were getting hungry...

-

...but once seated, things settled down and a good dinner was had by everyone:

-

-

...due to the size of the group, we had to spread out at a couple of extra tables, but hey, we're flexible (settle down, Gerald, no need for the zombie act; there's plenty of food...)

-

-

Dinner. A time to share deep thoughts...

-

The Tuckeys had brought a commemorative cake again; a tasty reminder of how many shows we have already done. The cake would make its way back to the Saturday night film fest after dinner.

-

Nest time, the Saturday screenings and a wrap.

C.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 20, 2017 01:10 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vannicola and little Steve are doing very slow-burns - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2017 01:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,

-he's reached his introspective stage...

(10th Grade can do that to ya!)

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 03:07 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, back at the "ranch" it was time for the Saturday medley of films. Whereas Friday is more of a set feature-type program with trailers and such, Saturday is "pot luck": bring and show until the wee hours (how 'wee' they get depends entirely on how many films are offered up.)

You gotta have snacks when you run films. Giant bags of popcorn and other goodies were on offer:

-

...along with these little Halloween treats:

-

Classic cartoons are always welcome, so we had a nice Technicolor "Woody Woodpecker":

-

Great prints were run, including this Disney film, the name of which escapes me right now (Doug can help with this one):

-

The classic "Luxo, Jr.", John Lasseter's pioneering digital animation film, here in a superb film print:

-

Horror, anyone? The cult classic "The Flesh Eaters" showed up in all its ragged glory. Great fun:

-

-

...and also a genre we don't see that often, but which is dear to many collectors: the railroad film. Steve Klare had brought a fine Super-8 print of a mountain rail journey for our enjoyment:

-

That is about the last chapter; I'll have the group shot and a few closing images for the end.

C.

[ November 20, 2017, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Claus Harding ]

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2017 03:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the compliment, Claus, but The Complete Silverton is Super-8 sound.

When I was in high school, I bought a silent print of this film on the theory that mere mortals like me never owned sound projectors. About 20 years later I actually got sound and I'd been kicking myself ever since!

Then one day last year (or so) I saw a sound print on E-bay for about 10 bucks and "buy it now".

I thought "It can't be that easy!", -but...

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the correction, Steve; funny how one remembers these things sometimes. Duly edited.

C.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2017 05:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

I'm sure Doug's Xenon GS deserves a lot of the credit!

I have kind of an agreement with Doug that I'll bring and he'll show one railroad print per CineSea. I try to limit them to films that anybody who enjoys film will enjoy. (A lot of the most historically significant ones are pretty awful looking film, and sound is the exception rather than the rule!)

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 08:07 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another CineSea ended. If a week-end can feel both relaxing and packed at the same time, "CS" does that. The days take on their own rhythm, depending on who you are and when you arrive, and the show becomes "yours" in a way that a bigger, more structured event can't.

I leave you with a few random pictures from the week-end, pictures that show the easy cameraderie and warmth of our gathering.

-

-

-

-

-

BTW, It's little-known that Doug Meltzer is a magician...at the end of each show, he performs this trick. He makes all of the stuff on the ground...

-

...fit into his SUV...impressive, really.

-

And so we have another group shot for the CineSea history book, and we start looking forward to April 2018, and to meeting both everyone we know, and anyone who might be tempted to come enjoy the magic of this special week-end.

-

As always, thank you for looking and reading.

Claus.

[ November 21, 2017, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Claus Harding ]

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 08:55 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you all had a good time.... no wonder Doug can fit so many films in his infamous Closet-o-Film! [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2017 08:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, Claus!

To me a CineSea isn't complete until this thread comes out.

Thanks! (Just as always!)

-on to #17! (or maybe "XVII")

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 12:29 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve...hopefully one day [Smile]

I spent most of today with Pat and he is certainly looking forward to coming to your next CineSea.

Thanks Claus for those wonderfull photos [Cool] [Smile]

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2017 02:36 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Claus! Great line up of the projectors!

Just a few of my own shots (mostly of surrounding area), shot on expired Kodak Porta 800 through Fujica GS645W

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, Evan.
I like the mood that that film and lens combo gives; it must look great in full resolution.

Claus.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC