8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CIR Splicers (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CIR Splicers
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 08, 2018 07:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Kevin, i will do that. IF, (only if) these are correct there half the price of wittners who seem to want 40 pounds which is way OTT.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2018 07:16 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wittners charging more for identical cine gear than anyone else is no surprise to me - have a look at the other PEC film department web pages too - splicing tapes about half the Ebay re-seller prices:

https://pec.co.uk/product-category/film/film-joining-repair-tape/

Kevin.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 08, 2018 01:36 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimy, yes i see what you mean, they reply so quickly to an enquiry, and i am now buying a brand new U blade for my 16mm CIR for just £27 instead of Wittners £40 + postage. Thanks for pointing us to this firm. I must admit i never heard of them before but love there website. And the prices.
A new blade will be just in time for me as i am going to do a nice bit of work on one of my features [Wink]

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2018 10:07 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Splicers of Phil e Kevin are de luxe models with few or not data are available, but, as far as I know, they are not amatorially modified, but left the factory as they are (as said).
One thing that testifies to this is the space to insert the tape: a 16mm or 35mm tape would not enter in the gap. I've never seen this model live, not even here in Italy, but Kevin or Phil can confirm this detail.

@Robert and Nantawat: did you managed to reduce the problem of the tape not cut? My splicer after cleaning still does work, but I have to give more force to the cut.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2018 03:31 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Luigi,
I found it gave a better cut when I used the retaining clips on mine; not sure if all models have these. Still getting some tape which has to be trimmed with scissors, but not every time, and not as bad as before.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2018 01:43 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to try with the retaining clips.
On the Cir / Ferrania I know two types of clips, like splicer on this thread, long clips, and another type, more shorter (and very fragile!), that I have.
These:
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC