8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Another problem with a POS vernon editor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another problem with a POS vernon editor
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2017 06:48 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got it, had the manual, but somehow cannot find it. I used to be good at this stuff, but I can't find the framer, and at first the frane line was in the way but you could still kinda use it, I looked up the manual online and what it tells you o do to correct the framing doesn't seem to work at all, now also the images are pouring down the screen in vertical blurs even though the shutter is opening and closing.......why is that happening? I don't remember encountering these problems with the 912 I had years ago, its driving me nuts.

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 15, 2017 08:42 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you could post a picture of your model viewer it would be easier to give you specific feed back. There were several Vernon models that differ slightly in how the gauge is changed and frame adjustment.

[ December 16, 2017, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 09:51 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the one shown in this YouTube video. If you have the same one, push in the knob protruding from the sprocket while slowly advancing the film to adjust frame (not an easy thing to do). The other problem you have may involve the fact that this is dual 8. It's possible that the mechanism may have shifted from one to the other. The round silver thing with the slot which is on the face of the unit (below the film gate) can be turned with a coin or a screwdriver to change from one to the other.

https://youtu.be/kTEeTqqOcts

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I recognize the hands in that video!😃

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 02:03 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to upload the photo but it was too high a resolution for the out dated software for this board, but I have the one that has a mostly blue nameplate and the model number 808. Hope you can help me nased on that.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 16, 2017 02:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Barry you got me [Smile] My hands give it away every time. [Wink]

To adjust the framing on some 808 editors you push in the frame advance button with your thumb (#3 in the photo)...then turn the take-up handle (#14) slightly clockwise to position the frame. It's a little trial and error...but you'll eventually get it centered.

-

If you want a PDF copy of the user manual...just PM me your email address stating the manual you want and I'll send it to you.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC