8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Mark-S 710D - chewing up my film (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Eumig Mark-S 710D - chewing up my film
Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2017 06:18 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the lugs on the sprocket need to be fitted into the holes in the drive shaft. It sounds as if you're doing everything correctly so I'm at a loss as what's going wrong. The teeth on the sprocket engage with the film to drive it forward and, by holding the lever down, the film should enter the gate. On mine, the lever touches the top of the gates. Does yours?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 30, 2017 06:56 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be another case of the infamous cracked top sprocket holder? Both of my 800's would not feed film properly until I noticed that the top sprocket could be rotated by hand, due to the plastic sprocket holder cracking at the set screw location.
Try tightening the little set screw, and if the sprocket holder still slips on the shaft, the solution is to epoxy the plastic holder to the shaft.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 31, 2017 02:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's certainly not passing through the gate
Heidi
If the sprocket passes the film OK, and it will not pass trough the gate then it's what I said earlier.
The single claw is broken off.
A repair is probably only possible if the repairer has a good projector which can be cannibalised.
Sorry to give you this information.

--------------------
Maurice

Heidi Barker
Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2017 01:59 PM      Profile for Heidi Barker   Email Heidi Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.. i've been in touch with John White who hopefully can fix it so i'm going to take it to him in a few weeks - i will update you with what was wrong! [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 31, 2017 02:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heidi, I am sure that John will be able to fix the problem. Do not despair, the Eumig 800's are really excellent projectors, but like anything else they occasionally need some maintainance.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2017 06:22 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heidi has a S 710 D. Eumig, no doubt, improved the design when they introduced the 800 series which seem to be far better machines.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC