8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Norisound 120 projektor running slow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norisound 120 projektor running slow
Peter Malling
Junior

- posted January 06, 2018 09:49 PM      Profile for Peter Malling   Email Peter Malling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, and thanks for the membership. I filmed super 8 when I was a kid, and now I've found my old Norisound 120 projector. It runs, but quite unevenly, and sometimes it almost stops the film advancement, I think it's impressing that it's still working after all these years, but what could be the reason that the motor is slowing down in speed? Anything I could do myself about it?

--------------------
Peter

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2018 07:36 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If its stood for so long the rubber belt if this is what drives it will be an odd shape, and cause uneven running, not familiar with this Noris machine, can you upload a picture. I was told by an projectionist that you can restore the shape of a rubber drive belt by boiling it in hot water?, so I tried this, and it worked to a point, it did regain its circular shape after looking oval shaped ......

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2018 01:01 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the 110/120 noris had a fault on their motor control boards that was corrected on the later 310/320. I think a transistor failed on the earlier board.
I always liked the noris super 8 sound projectors.Very good hum free sound and very bright picture from the 100 watt lamp,also very quiet running.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2018 01:09 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you remove the drive belt from the motor pulley? If you can, do so and run the motor. If the motor does not slow down with the belt removed, the motor is likely OK. If the machine has not been used in many years you may have grease on one or more projector components that has turned solid. I have seen old grease that is stiff and hard as glue.

Peter Malling
Junior

- posted January 07, 2018 06:50 PM      Profile for Peter Malling   Email Peter Malling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your kind replies. It sounds as if I should check the drive belt, which I will do one of the next days. I'll also upload some photos of the projector.
I really liked the Norisound, I was very careful choosing this projector. It also had quite good sound editing capabilities and, yes, it was quiet, particularly in 18 fps.

I am so happy I found this forum. Great that there are still people out there who has interest in Super 8!

--------------------
Peter

Bill Allen
Junior

- posted May 03, 2019 10:36 AM      Profile for Bill Allen   Email Bill Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am trying to repair a Norisound 120 motor control board. Would anyone possibly have any further information as to a repair manual, schematic, or the control board itself?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks...Bill Allen

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC