8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T40 Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T40 Sound
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 07, 2018 03:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many owners of Bauer Super 8 sound projectors swear by the large all-singing, all-dancing models, but have any members got a Bauer T40 Sound?

I was running mine yesterday and admired its looks and performance. Made for Robert Bosch in their Italian Silma factory it is quite small but very heavy. Finished in an attractive silver and black it has the 15 volt, 150 watt lamp, (A1/232 - EFR) with low/high settings on the control switch. And a top sprocket! Spool capacity is 800ft. The single tone control is quite adequate as is the volume from its internal speaker. The whole projector has a side cover with pins to store its mains lead.

A word of warning for a buyer, do not attempt to turn the control knob to forward run without a film laced, otherwise it could damage the connections. Lacing is achieved by holding down the loop former which activates the motor.

Here is a link to its details on the great Van Eck site, if it doesn't come up immediately scroll to T40 Sound and click.
https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=13&type=T40 Sound

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,
I had seen these before but never used one. I am a Bauer user and love the studioline range,except the models I have do suffer from hum on the amplifiers.
does the t40 use the standard bauer lens mount with focusing pin.?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 08, 2018 02:44 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
Sorry that I can't give a definite answer as I have never had a need to remove its excellent zoom lens.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC