8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Norisound 412T HELP PLEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norisound 412T HELP PLEASE
Heidi Barker
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 02:07 PM      Profile for Heidi Barker   Email Heidi Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I'm not having a lot of luck with 8mm sound projectors [Frown] I picked up a norisound 412T today at the film fair in Farnworth and it's auto load isn't working. If i put it through with the front on it chews up the film if i take the front off it goes past the gate but seems to not be able to make it any further. Sadly i don't have a manual to see where the threading path should go - does anyone have the same projector that could help?
thanks
Heidi

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 412 with threading problems too. Often the only way I can get it to thread is to manually hold the sound pressure pads down and hold in the threading chute below the gate. It's difficult to explain and I haven't got any photos. I suspect something has gone out of adjustment and it would need a workshop manual to fix.

That said sometimes it will auto thread at 18fps with a thick acetate leader.

Sorry not to be able to help more.

Heidi Barker
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 03:37 PM      Profile for Heidi Barker   Email Heidi Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's so disappointing isn't it? I've been doing the auto load button a tiny bit at a time and where it comes out of the bottom of the gate it tries to go under the silver metal bit. I held a blunt penknife there and it has gone through ok . But rather annoying to do. I have a eumig 710 that chews up film and I can't even get that passed the gate - not having a lot of luck with the sound projectors at all. It wasn't that cheap either 😕

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 03:55 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the outside of the little shute ( loop former ) that proffers the leader in to the sound head area is not quite closed enough on them, so the leader catches there before going in to the head area.

Try looking with the side off and maybe just pushing it further in/up slightly.

Experimenting with the leader sort of can help, flattening bending etc to help it go in properly there.

It can just stick in the place it turns in as quite a sharp turn.Below out of the gate down then sharp left towards the sound head entrance/ area if you will.

Do you have some silicone to rub in there on both shute inner surfaces as usually helps as does a little curl in the leader if its quite straight to get it around that curve in the lower under gate loop former.

A nice elmo like semi circle leader cut ( keeping the perforation hole good ) can help sometimes too.

very hice quiet machines when right with a good light output so good luck.

Best Mark.

Heidi Barker
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 04:30 PM      Profile for Heidi Barker   Email Heidi Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, will give those ideas a try!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 04, 2018 03:10 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heidi
You can buy a printed manual from Oldtimer Cameras.
https://www.camera-manual.com/model.php?modelid=22832

--------------------
Maurice

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2018 03:25 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John White sorted out my Noris. Google 8mm shed shop. Did the seller mention anything of the fault?

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 04, 2018 11:29 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure the leader is trimmed properly for that projector.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Heidi Barker
Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2018 02:16 PM      Profile for Heidi Barker   Email Heidi Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller didn't say anything was wrong with it, they said it has a new belt and a new bulb (The bulb went tonight while i was in the middle of star wars.)

I'm in touch with John White about another projector so will take it along to him with the other one.

I have trimmed the end of the film to a curve, it just falls down underneath the bit where it's meant to go in - i think it's the sound bit. If i just slowly guide it in (i use a little pen knife to stope it going out of the right path) it's fine.

meanwhile my little sankyo dualux 1000 that i got for £12 (including a brand new bulb) is going great - just a shame it doesn't do sound!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2018 07:20 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened about this projector problem?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC