8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 on eBay
Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2018 05:33 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELMO-GS1200-super-8-OPT-MAG-STEREO-Sound-projector-MINT-COND-Has-faults-SeeVIDEO/253390793356?hash=item3aff44aa8c:g:NN8AAOSw9tJaa3r-

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 12, 2018 03:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An Elmo GS-1200 in mint condition with various faults. A contradiction in terms!

--------------------
Maurice

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2018 04:17 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It made me smile as well. The word "Mint" ought to be banned on eBay.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 12, 2018 04:45 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How the hell can it be mint if its faulty?
Ebay are at fault allowing this description on this item, i am assuming the seller is only relating to the cosmetic condition.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 12, 2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to use the word "mint" a lot but stopped as someone told me "mint" meant:
"Mint" means perfect, if the item's not literally in perfect shape, it's not mint.
The problem is that if someone gets it all they have to say that it was not "mint" and then they get all their money back plus initial shipping and the seller has to pay for the return shipping. Very expensive for the seller.
It does look very good and notice it has the rare Schneider 1.1 lens made for the Elmo so no additional sleeve required.
But the price is high if the problem is the relay. The repair person would have to take the machine down to the frame literally and that takes a long time and its not for the squeamish. Saying its "nothing sinister that a good adjust will sort" is downplaying the problem very much so. And the machine stopping for no reason? I have had many GS1200's and have never had one that turned off on me. That is strange.
Definitely not a bargain -actually priced at market for a working machine. But for a parts machine which is what it is in its current condition? That is priced about $300-400 OVER what it should be. It will be interesting to see if it sells at that price.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2018 01:29 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Alan,

You are right, relays issues on this machine involved some work hours to fix them.

I started to study this problem a few times ago. One solution is to "off-set" relays in an other room inside projector, somewhere there are easy to catch and to instal them on special holders .

I have already found relays holders, so that ,once modification performed, it 'll take few minutes to replace them (Plug & Play) !!!

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2018 04:43 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reduced to £500 plus £25 post today.

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 02:06 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.". Now re-listed at £595

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELMO-GS1200-super-8-OPT-MAG-STEREO-Sound-projector-MINT-COND-Has-faults-SeeVIDEO/253433553145?hash=item3b01d120f9:g:Jt8AAOSwT-9aiGdo

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 02:15 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume if he was a member here we would enjoy rattling his cage about this even more.........

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2018 03:24 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,he is a member on here,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC