8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cresta Sprocket Master

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cresta Sprocket Master
Malcolm Alexander
Junior

- posted February 23, 2018 09:37 AM      Profile for Malcolm Alexander   Email Malcolm Alexander   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello from an old film maker.
Having looked up for information on the Cresta Sprocket Master, I was surprised that there is so little known about this. I have one of these attached to my Philips N4422 tape recorder, which I purchased when I was heavily into film making with Super 8. That was back on the 80's when cine clubs were all over the place and our club (Solihull) was competing with other clubs across the West Midlands.

Having retired a few years ago, the accumulation of 'mustn't throw that away' items kept growing and I decided (or she did) that we must have a clear out.

I have just advertised several tape recorders and Hi-Fi equipment and am now getting to the cine gear, amongst which is the Cresta gear that was purchased with the Tandberg 11-2 half track mains/portable recorder and all the bits that go with syncing that with film. Also the Cresta Sprocket Master attached to the Phillips machine, which cost me about £600 then.

I thought I had lost the instructions, but another 'deeper' search found them again and if it will help anyone, I have the information from Cresta.

--------------------
Used to be into Cine, but now woodwork for a hobby

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC