8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chat Room?! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Chat Room?!
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 11:55 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You certainly are. Can now start chatting.

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 29, 2018 01:33 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was just there, no one on-line?

Eve Oval-Bruegger
Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 04:05 PM      Profile for Eve Oval-Bruegger   Email Eve Oval-Bruegger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've only just seen all these messages! Didn't log on today until now (11pm Swiss time).. I'm glad everyone is now able to access the chat room :-D
So next week from Wednesday I will see if I can catch some of you online :-)

Doug, is it possible to create a new website?? Under the same name, just easier to use & more appealing to the eye?
Some of the members didn't even know the chat room existed :-P

Goodnight all, Eve.

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 04:10 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL @ Eve's hit and run...

Yeah Doug, make a new website.. only take you a few mins.. LMFAO!!!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 29, 2018 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eve, take good care - Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2018 07:44 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zechariah,

Thanks for your help!

Mark & James.

Now that you've gained access to the Chat Room, we could use a new rug, some pictures....and snacks!

Eve (and others),

As moderator, I'm not involved in the technical aspects of the site. I would guess that part of the difficulty in updating is keeping 15 years of data intact. There was an earlier version of this Forum that suffered a server failure and everything was lost. We successfully moved to new servers in October of last year.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 08:11 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was really strange. Nothing I typed could be seen or echoed. I think I was on with Doug but it just did not work.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2018 08:18 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip,

Yup, we were in the Chat Room at the same time...I felt your presence.

-

To chat, type a message in the text box (arrow 1) and then click on "Talk".

Doug

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 08:57 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug

I was not able to see anything that I typed. NOTHING echoed back. Something was not right and it needs to be addressed. With all due respect - the strangest chat situation I was ever in.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2018 09:46 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,

Our "conversation" looked liked this:

-

I wonder why I can see it and you cannot.

Doug

PS I'll bet you've had weirder chats!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2018 10:49 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a nice half hour chat with Zechariah....I really need to work on my typing skills.

Doug

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 06:38 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug that’s exactly what I did see but I can’t figure out why I can’t see exactly when I type on the normal chat rooms for example this post time writing currently I see it just fine Word for Word I’ve never use the chat room anywhere else that looked like what you show with the chat format here

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 07:26 AM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once you have logged in you may be greeted by the train noise which continues until you smash your speakers or precede to next step.

Next Click TALK

At this point your mouse/cursor focus may not be in the talk box and you have to click inside the textbox (the box to the left of the TALK button).

After that it is plain sailing.

When I say plain sailing.. you type what you want to say, then you hit the enter key, then you type more and then hit the enter key and so on. You should not have to click anything else with your mouse.

Now, to exit, if you click FORUMS on the left pane you will notice it says you need to log back in or something.. ignore the and Click FORUMS again and as if by magic, you arrive back at the forums page.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 12:18 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm connected, I see Eve is in the Chat area, I tried everything mentioned, and I'm not getting any reply and I only see my entries.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 12:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was just there, saw no one

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 02:20 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another problem.. you may need to turn off autofill, after a period of use, if it is turned on, it will give you a choice of previous text each time you type and without noticing, you hit enter and it seems not to do anything.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 02:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no autofill, and I have to re-log everytime I type something in

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 03:13 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, the autofill is an explorer setting sorry, forgot to mention that.

As for logging in each time, ouch.. not good. No idea on that one.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 05:21 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,

Thank you for confirming that you saw no one, the text that I entered was uploaded when I clicked return.

When I was logged into the Chat there was the side column as shown in Doug's screenshot; stated that 2 users online, My name and Eve's and the date and time.

The flow of the text that I entered was identical as in Doug's Screenshot, but only my name was in the open pane.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 01, 2018 06:14 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We successfully moved to new servers in October of last year.

I'm wondering, Doug, if this has anything to do with the fact that I am unable to log in to the forum on iphone or ipad since around this time. No problem on PC.
I've tried clearing my cache, etc. but to no avail.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 01, 2018 11:13 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

I'm not sure how that would have had an effect on your log in. I realize this is no help at all, however I'm able to log in from both iPhone & iPad. I'll ask Brad, but in the meantime I hope someone here can help.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC