8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Gauging interest for Cinesea...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gauging interest for Cinesea...
Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2018 03:50 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. Yesterday I picked up a lot of 16mm films. Most are educational. They all have issues like splices, lines and some sprocket tears etc etc since they had been used often. My question is: is there any interest in films of this nature? I have films ranging from ‘LSD: Insight or Insanity’, a low fade short on presidential inauguration history, a few called “Universe”, a ton of “The Wonderful World of Golf” and many more. Since I paid next to nothing for them I would
probably be selling them for about the same. Would any attendees be interested?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 28, 2018 03:56 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell that "Universe" was a 1967 show, as memory serves, my Dad was interested and got me into exploring the solar system via this PBS show - Golf films have value to the player and average consumer, why not? I always liked the educational shorts that our teachers would screen - I catch them on C-SPAN occasionally over a weekend - No harm in bringing the eclectic and odd films, might be a buyer and if not I'm sure we could screen a couple - Cheers, Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 28, 2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I have a particular interest in a 16mm educational title called "One Got Fat".

-it was the talk of the town when I was in the fourth grade!

A safety film with monkeys riding bikes...(This from the era of LSD!)

If you should happen to have one of these gems, I'd certainly like to talk about it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 01:45 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I would be interested in seeing them. If you have any Japan related educational films, please bring them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC