8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Why Watch Trailers? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Why Watch Trailers?
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 02, 2018 07:18 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats an impressive list Tom [Cool] some very rare ones to [Smile]

Years ago I watched a film called "Dear Frankie"....a Scottish one [Smile] Anyway I saw the trl on you-tube and the kid doing the dialogue sounded like he was an American doing a Scottish accent.. [Eek!] NOOOOOOOO I thought. Anyway I had the trl on 35mm, but had never watched it, so screened it the other day and to my relief the dialogue was spoken by the same Scottish youngster as used for the dialogue in the film.....thank goodness [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2018 12:20 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I remember when I was a young lad going to the local cinema was quite an event to look forward to. The coming attractions were always a thrill to see, some even more exciting than the feature presentation itself! Today, as other members have mentioned, I look for trailers to companion the features I have,
And show it prior the feature to warm the audience up for the full presentation.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 04, 2018 06:16 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham, it all started with the free trailer that came with a few iver films i bought from new. They use to offer free trailers, my first few were The Human Factor, The Klansman and The McMasters, all freebies and all full length. Human Factor and Klansman were sold on but still have McMasters and all the others. Again, its a list i will be downsizing over the coming year in order to reduce 8mm and get a few more 16s.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC