8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Silent features released on 8mm LIST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silent features released on 8mm LIST
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haven't been around lately but thought I would pop in to share this..I have been scanning old film collecting magazines, and thought others might be interested in a list that was published across 16 issues of the old Classic Film Collector magazine (before it became Classic Images) of every feature that had been released on 8mm up until that point in the 1970's...I have always used this as a guide to look for titles.....The file is 51mb to download and 60 pages with synopsis, cast, number of reels, company that released it, etc... 8mm FEATURE FILM LIST

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 01, 2018 11:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, great to see you here again ...

and thank you for that list! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 01, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim was a good friend to every collector that dealt with him - Jim's Film Sales from Urbana Illinois always listed the finest in Super and Std 8 - Dino, please try for Wildwood in October, you would enjoy 35mm and with your 9.5 we'd practically have the best gauges represented - David Shepard had all the Blackhawk Bulletins bound in binders. Long do I want to see the earliest ones for reference code numbers and information - Best, Shorty

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2018 03:33 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Α monumental work invaluable for silent film collectors. I am consulting it frequently.(I have the magazines bound in volumes). Well done, Dino!!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2018 01:29 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What other magazines are you scanning?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC