8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 17 in Pictures (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: CineSea 17 in Pictures
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2018 01:16 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great write up Steve, & a great time with friends.

Here are a few of my own images, shot on Fuji Pro 400H through an Agfa Record 6x9

-

-

-

-

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 14, 2018 02:09 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots Evan! Here are a few from Michael Lattavo and myself.

-
Not sure if this breaking down or setting up....

-
Jack Cleveland pretending he's on a cruise ship.

-
Nice close-up of the special commemorative cake.

-
It was a pleasure to meet and talk with Forum member (and fellow cameraperson) Charlie Peich.

-
Charlie brought his Da-Lite bicentennial screen!

-
That GOKO RM-8008 is a really useful machine.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 02:38 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos and write up [Cool] [Smile]

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2018 04:35 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
excellent, I envy you

--------------------
Tony

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 07:56 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's better I'm photographed as little as possible, Shorty

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 15, 2018 11:12 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinesea 17 looked like another extremely successful gathering:

...Tables covered with boxes and boxes of films.
...Reels of films being positioned and carefully threaded onto projectors.
...A rainbow variety of different gauge projectors cohabiting throughout the room...
...The magical projections of moving pictures illuminating off screens...
...AND so many familiar faces to me now gathering together with friendship and a common interest.

Thank you guys for sharing all the pics and narration. Love them [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 15, 2018 12:25 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like what John Lasseter said about what the early days of Pixar were like: "Hey, my uncle's got a barn! Let's put on a show!"

-we have this small mob of people with all sorts of different talents and backgrounds and cinema stuff. The Hospitality Room isn't exactly a barn, but by the same token it's not a movie theater either!

-well, not until WE get there it isn't!

Twice a year it all comes together and we do something pretty good with it!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 02:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and you got five months to mull it over, then come help us paint the place - Shorty

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 15, 2018 04:58 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
superb thread, thanks to all involved for the images [Smile]

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2018 10:06 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really cool write up Steve! Make me laugh throughout [Smile]
Nice Fuji pics Evan. They looks amazing!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 16, 2018 08:30 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Wait!

NONE of this was meant to be funny!

(............. [Wink] )

(Thanks!)

I'm looking forward to enjoying the next one from out in the audience. As I said: its a lot of work!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2018 09:19 AM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a first-time attendee to this Spring's event, I have to say what a great time CineSea was! The "regulars" make a new guy feel welcome, and lots of fun films are screened.
The 35mm 3D film provided by Terry and Dave was a blast to see! Saturday night films were shown non-stop, one after the other, alternating seamlessly between the film formats.
There is so much going on that I didn't get the chance to chat with others as much as I would have liked. Guess I have to make a return trip to another CineSea!
Steve, thanks for posting the pics and the very enjoyable and accurate descriptions of all the goings-on.
Doug, thanks for everything you do to make this happen, and for the very nice film!
For others that may be thinking about making it to CineSea, it is a great time--an easy-going & informal atmosphere and lots of film fun with really good people. Worth it. [Smile]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 16, 2018 09:25 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure it is - Shorty

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC