8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2018 02:02 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee screams out what sounds like “It’s alive” just as he is about to be destroyed. If that’s the line it makes no sense. The sound on my print is actually pretty good considering the print (a bootleg bought on Ebay years ago) is eh. Anybody able to discern what it is the actor who dubbed Lee’s voice (isn’t that sad although it does sound like Lee) is actually saying?

|  IP: Logged

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee's words were dubbed by Herbert Weicker who had dubbed Leonard Nimroy's voice in Star Wars the year before.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 20, 2018 09:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a print of the Mountain 4 x 400' version (which had the strange title 'The Pit and the Pendulum') and although I didn't expect to watch it very soon, I'll listen for that line when I do.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2018 05:13 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film was based on Edgar Allan Poe's story "The Pit and the Pendulum". I'm sure I saw it with that title in a cinema many years ago.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 20, 2018 06:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information, as I'd assumed it was dubious re-titling by Mountain! Another English title that was used was 'Blood Demon'. Screenings titled 'The Pit and the Pendulum' must have caused confusion, with this 1967 release being only six years after the Corman 'The Pit and the Pendulum'.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC