8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is your most run print?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is your most run print?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2018 04:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking at our collection listing tonight and took a look at how often i had run certain prints.
In my early days of collecting The Texas chainsaw massacre was a huge deal for me and my mates. At the time it was banned anywhere in the UK outside of London so once i got the Iver 4 x 400 feature version the word was soon spread to friends and there friends too. At one point i was showing this print off to audiences three times a week. This print is one of the most run films we have, i would imagine it has been run at least 100 time over the years. There are a few shorts and trailers that have had good runs for there money, both of my reflections 200 footers have both been run well over 60 times each.
Yesterday i received a 200ft promo for the 007 movie Goldeneye. This is the Tina Turner music video which i viewed last night and i think its a stonking release and will soon become one of my most recently purchased, "most viewed " prints.
I dont know who released this reel but its a dam good short.

Whats your most viewed print?

As a footnote here, all of these films have been run on my Elmo ST12000HD, its a well looked after machine so it puts paid to all the nonsense about how these are "known" for scratching films. Yes it is the case if these,(or any projector), is run year in year out without being serviced, cleaned and worn parts replaced. My chainsaw film has no scratches and nor do the other films mentioned. My reflections UK has lines to the right but these are from the previous owner.

|  IP: Logged

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2018 09:57 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any of the compilation reels - Reflections (USA), Reflections (UK), Once Upon a Mouse (Disney), and the wonderful 60s British advert reel titled Flavor of the Month.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 03, 2018 10:34 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must run one of the Fantasia extracts at least once a month.

I have a nice feature length Fantasia 2000, but I only run that when the stuff in my wife's china closet needs the dust shaken off! (hmmm! It's been a while!)

I'm with you on the Elmos, Tom: I have prints I must have run through them a hundred times without a mark on them.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 03, 2018 11:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warlords of Atlantis 4X400ft Ivers

I actually later sold it, even in the deplorable state that it was in, green lines and all, but it was so much fun, it LOOKED like a "grindhouse" film. Lord knows it was the most beloved peice of celluloid I ever owned!

Next up weould be a STAR WARS 400ft print that I had forever. the color was just OK, but it was one of the very few that, for some odd reason, i still had from when I first collected super 8 back in the 80's. i had sold all my collection in the very early 90's for laserdisc (don't laugh folks, I was THAT stupid! Therea re still some super 8 optical features that I had, that I have never found since! GRRRRR!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 03, 2018 01:07 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies, Osi, how did Warlords become so damaged? Was it like that when you bought it?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 04, 2018 11:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much so, it already have a number of lines and a little bit O green lines, but it got a lot worse over the years, to be sure ...

... and I don't regret a single run of that print!

The nice thing is that is was letterboxed and while Kodak SP, the fade was only mininal. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2018 03:27 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bearing in mind the countless times I projected my first two films ever on my brand new silent projector at the very beginning of this wonderful super 8 journey in the early 1970's, and just being in awe of these moving images on my bedroom wall, the two most projected prints of mine must surely be ( both 50' black and white,silent) Woody Woodpecker in "Fowled Up Falcon" and a Walt Disney thing called "Bear Trouble."

Although those have not now been projected for decades, I still have them in my possession, and have since purchased the 200' colour/sound version of "Fowled Up Falcon." I recently tracked down a 200' colour silent version of "Bear Trouble" but suspect it was never released with sound.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC