8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Aretha on Super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aretha on Super 8?
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2018 11:12 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious if the Universal 8 Blues Brothers digest (2 X400') included Aretha Franklin singing "Think" in the diner. It would be cool to have this on super 8... so if anyone has the digest can you please let me know? Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 01, 2018 11:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, no Brian ...

It does, of course, have the two numbers that the Blues Brothers do, uncut, but it largely centers on the chase sequence (taking up all but the second B.B. song), and the first part of the part 1 taking up the journey towards the concert, but no numbers, beyond the previously mentioned numbers.

Now ... THERE is a super 8 optical feature I'd die and go to heaven to find! [Smile]

By the way, speaking of Aretha ... Does anybody know if that classic 60's concert film (on super 8) of the T.A.M.I. show has Aretha in it?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2018 05:25 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe there is a short clip of Aretha singing in a CBS documentary called Body and Soul narrated by Ray Charles.

Unfortunately it's not on Super 8 but a lot of libraries and schools had this film in 16mm. It's usually printed on 1970s Fujifilm.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC