8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film stock for Canon 514xls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film stock for Canon 514xls
Tony Lacey
Junior

- posted September 23, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Tony Lacey   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just getting back into shooting on 8mm and picked up a Canon 514xls.
I'm assuming it's cartridge film, but wondering what the best film stock to use. As this first foray will be a bit of a mixed bag of filming subjects - mainly exteriors, I was wondering what stock to use and which is better suited for the canon?
Would also be good to know a supplier and developer - I'm in the UK.
TIA.

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Shaun Modern
Junior

- posted September 23, 2018 11:50 PM      Profile for Shaun Modern   Email Shaun Modern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony im also new to shooting Super 8 and also recently picked up the 514xl-s.
For my first time using it i got Kodak 50d as i was shooting in Venice in August. I was really happy with the results i got using that stock. Ive also just purchased some kodak 200T too and used 0n8mil.com to buy the film and also the developing/digitising as they are UK based.
Turnaround was approx 4 weeks.

Tony Lacey
Junior

- posted September 24, 2018 04:59 AM      Profile for Tony Lacey   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Shaun, I'll give those a try.

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC