8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 featured on BBC News Website

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 featured on BBC News Website
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 05:36 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bbc.co.uk/news is currently carrying a story of someone making movies on super 8 film. The heading is #nofilter:The rise of vintage film.

If you scroll down the page you should find it. Also includes moving pictures (notice I didn't say "a video.")

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2018 05:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This : https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-45666183/the-rise-of-retro-filmmaking-and-resurgence-of-super-8

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 06:45 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Dominique. That is the one. Thank you also for putting the full web page address as I am not too good at dealing with things like that.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2018 06:58 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are to thank, Melvin, to have mentionned it ! The only thing I would not agrre with is that they say it takes one month to have the film process. Actually, it dépends on the labs. I remember in the good old days that I could have my films back after 6 days. French television recently made a programm about the year 1975. They showed a super 8 camera to kids to see if they could find out how it works (of course, it was hard for them) and among the explanations the animator gave, he also said it took one month to get the film back. I don't know why people have that in mind but that certainly doesn't help promoting film...

--------------------
Dominique

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 08:10 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is great. Now start manufacturing new projectors so they can show their newly shot film in it's intended medium!

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2018 06:04 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need! Loads of excellent projectors around still working well 50 years or so after Super 8 was introduced.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 03, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who Knows, if this should catch on, wouldn't it be great to think that perhaps, (just perhaps), a company may make a good but basic projector for showing film if enough resurrection is produced. [Smile]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2018 01:25 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting and positive. Although I presume the super 8 will be scanned and edited digitally, especially if audio is involved.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC