8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Just purchased my first Super 8 projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just purchased my first Super 8 projector
Frank Lea
Junior

- posted February 26, 2019 12:20 PM      Profile for Frank Lea   Email Frank Lea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been back and forth about purchasing a projector for awhile. I have about 2500' of super 8 (family movies) that need to be transferred. The reviews of the Wolverine scared me off, and every other Telecine 'ready' device is just too expensive for me. A lot of threads suggested the Sankyo 2000H for DIY transfers, so I went with that model. It cost me $212 which included the shipping. Seller refurbished, new belt, extra lamp, still in original box with all OEM parts... according to the ad.

Here is the listing. eBay ad

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2019 12:24 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank , Good Luck with new machine! Enjoy! Leon.

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2019 04:24 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. The Sankyo 2000H is a very good choice. I have two. This is a link to an excellent video should you need to change the belt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog95Djbtpc&list=UUzhVuBJou11ziWdERi0ZGuQ&index=15

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2019 06:24 PM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

Congrats on your purchase! You've bought a very decent projector - I have the same model.

Good choice!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 26, 2019 06:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Changing the belt on the Sankyo 2000H is a little more complicated than on the Sankyo 1000. This video would be more helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vymqDfzxp-w

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Frank Lea
Junior

- posted February 26, 2019 06:55 PM      Profile for Frank Lea   Email Frank Lea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for a warm welcome to the forum!

Janice - I admit it was your multiple recommendations of the Sankyo 2000H to members in posts past which finally tipped the scales. In fact, I even ordered the 'Film Transfer System : Not Just Another Movie Transfer System' mirror and ground glass kit. The eBay seller claims to have 'upgraded' the mirror to one of a higher quality, but rest assured the original mirror is included.

While my mind is set on building a more elaborate frame-by-frame transfer machine, I want to cut my teeth on something tried and true.

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2019 08:24 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sankyo 2000H is a great projector! One of the nicest features is it's easy on your film. This machine is sprocket-less, and uses a rubber roller to guide your film into the gate. The size of this projector is also perfect for transporting it to show your movies. It's not my main machine but one I use quite a bit.

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC