8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Eumig speed problem!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Eumig speed problem!
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2019 11:27 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a Eumig 810 D. All functions work! A nice machine! The only problem is speed. Runs at 24 fps only! No 18 fps! So I pulled the back off! To check! I cleaned the rubber disk both sides. That did not work! So I study. The problem! So I see a screw and loosen it! And started to adjust it. So finally I got it. To move with the speed lever. Up and down! Gave it a test run and the speed was just fine! I always heard of this problem with the Eumigs!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 01, 2019 11:51 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to take a pic of the screw you are referring to Leon? I've read other posts from Eumig owners having the same problem on this forum where this info would be helpful.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2019 06:04 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going by my Eumig S712D, the drive from the motor has a steel ball which makes contact with the front rubber disk for forward and the rear one for reverse. The speed lever moves the ball up or down the shaft as required so making contact against an inner or outer portion of the disk. This will give the required speed. The ball should move freely so it might have seized in the 24 fps position.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2019 12:06 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will, on the eumigs that ball moves with the switch! Up and down!If you look straight back you will see a screw. That screw adjust the speed control.once I did that the speed is now perfect!

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:17 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon, I had that problem once and the rod that slides up and down (24/18) wasn't inserted behind the motor properly and I pulled it off and re inserted it. Problem solved.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:44 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, you do not have to do that! You made to much work for your self! Its time for some home work! Leon.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:51 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to do that. It wouldn't move up and down freely. It wasn't locked in properly and only stayed at one speed. What I had to do solved it. The two motor mounts tend to break and make the motor shake which was the cause of it.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:57 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why you have a adjustment screw! For that lever! Leon.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2019 08:28 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a pic of the area from my Eumig 810 parts machine. What Leon is referring to is the screw that has to be tightened. That solved his problem. Mine was the notch below it and what gets inserted in that also adjusts the speed rod for 18/24. Both problems solved!

-

[ March 06, 2019, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC