8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 800 stereo machine needs a jump start...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 800 stereo machine needs a jump start...
John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:24 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo 800 that won't get moving. The lamp works when it's in lamp mode; but nothing is moving. The fuse is a good 6A 250 (I'd think that would be too much amperage but left it in) and all the harness plugs are in tightly. The speaker works and probably sound head and amp as you can hear hissing (and it increases as it should)as you would with a perfectly running projector I can't find any leaking capacitors nor broken solder joints; but then again, I didn't remove any circuit boards to scrutinize.Any thoughts? Thanks.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 05:41 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, check the motor? I have replaced them before! Also I have a service manual for this projector! In nice condition! Good Luck!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 05, 2019 06:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John...I don't know if you remember a few years back I bought a Sankyo Stereo 800 and did extensive troubleshooting and repairs. I even bought a transformer from you which I never needed to install because the transformer was not the problem.

Open the back of the projector and check the bridge rectifier shown in the pic below. This is a major culprit along with the large 1000uf cap next to it. Replacing these two components got my machine up and running again.

-

If you want to re-visit the thread here's the link:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008244

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 06:17 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Janice. I do remember sending you a transformer. I also located the rectifier and the capacitor next to it. The rectifier on mine is more of an angle. How would I know if it's bad? and the other isn't leaking. How do I know if both are bad? Thanks.

--------------------

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 07:12 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure that the motor did get DC voltage to it. A multimeter would be very useful in this case. [Wink]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2019 08:55 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rectifier is not cracked. Mine is square and it's solid. I removed that board and inspected everything. I noticed a small crack in the lower corner of the board but no joint was close enough to get damaged.I tried uploading a pic but it was too big and my desktop doesn't crop pics. Only has paint. I'll check the motor if it has DC power.

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 06, 2019 09:14 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John you can not test the rectifier in circuit. Mine didn't look cracked either, but that doesn't mean it's good. Actually I couldn't see the crack until I removed t. Unsolder the bridge rectifier and the 1000uf cap and test with multimeter.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008 244;p=7#000151

BTW...You can crop and resize photos in MS Paint. Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/xtlG-FIUaFY

When you save the file to .jpg you will have the option to reduce the file size by percentage. Depending on the size of the picture try about 70 % and go from there to bring the file size to under 200kbs.

[ March 06, 2019, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 07, 2019 03:30 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John. Just test those switches behind the bottom front cover I've had to change a few of these out over the years. Easy fix if its that.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2019 09:26 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fixed one with this problem and it was the motor! It takes the same motor as the GS1200. Check those motor brushes! These motors are getting old! Sooner or later its going to go!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC