8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 19 in Pictures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CineSea 19 in Pictures
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 09, 2019 09:00 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

They let US in!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 09, 2019 11:41 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2019 02:20 PM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Another excellent write-up and pics, and a great turn-out as well. As a CineSea 17 "alumnus", it all reminds me how much fun this film vacation is... [Smile]

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2019 02:56 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see Italian food! Then I tell you if it was right or not! [Big Grin]

P.S. I'm not a fan of Italian food.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2019 12:13 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job on the write up. Im sad that I could not make it. Lots of wonderful people that I enjoy interacting with.

Amazing hardware on display ,Geoffs two Xenon Eiki's and his 35mm projector and Dougs GS 1200.

[ May 10, 2019, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Brian Stearns ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 11, 2019 12:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, Thank you for all the hard work in putting your write-up together. I find it enjoyable to go back and reread the threads of past CineSea events after some time has passed. You and Claus are both excellent at capturing the atmosphere of each particular weekend.

I always try to list the Super 8mm films screened on Saturday night and I always forget a few...

Rudolph Valentino, Idol of the Jazz Age (Castle Films, 200')
Fred Astaire dance highlights from Shall We Dance (Film Office, 200')
Skyfall Opening Sequence in scope & stereo (available from The Reel Image, 400')
It's a Gift Snub Pollard 1923 short (Blackhawk Films, 200' scored) courtesy Shorty Caruso
Come Clean Laurel & Hardy 1931 two reeler (Blackhawk Films, 400') courtesy Shorty Caruso
Revenge of the Jedi trailer in scope (50') courtesy Jason Smith
Sounds of Arizona in scope (Derann, 200') courtesy Steve Klare
Pardon My Backfire Three Stooges in 3-D (Derann, 400') courtesy David Baker
Mickey's Fire Brigade (Derann, 200') courtesy Steve Klare

A few additional pics:

-
A beaming Todd Tuckey, truly happy that his Roustabout IB Tech print was chosen for the Friday Night Feature. David Lucidi, in addition to printing the placards that adorn the walls, made up a special poster to commemorate the occasion.

-
A consumable commemorative confection, courtesy of the Tuckeys.

-
 -
 -

-
Documentary filmmaker Peter Flynn returned to CineSea to capture additional footage for "Viva Film!", his feature documentary about film collectors. Peter wrote that "CineSea really captures the culture of film collecting, the love people have for analog film, and the community that exists amongst them."

Everybody involved with CineSea makes a contribution to the overall experience. My fellow organizers (thank you Lou Franchetti & Shorty Caruso!), the dealers & attendees, the amazing projectionists (thank you Gary Sloan & Geoff Curtis!), the invaluable Simone who arranges our group dinners, the supportive & accommodating Ocean Holiday staff, all help make these gatherings something special. I am already looking forward to CineSea 20, which will take place on:

October 18th - 20th, 2019

I hope you can join us!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 11, 2019 07:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos Doug [Cool] ...but what is the Scope feature shown for sale in your second to last photo? [Smile] ...I cant make it out [Smile]

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2019 04:27 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,

it looks like Logans Run - but can someone enlighten us ?

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2019 09:21 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe ROLLER COASTER ( ??? )

--------------------
Dave

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2019 11:16 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can confirm that David S. is right. It is Logan’s Run

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 12, 2019 02:12 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow [Cool] "Logan's Run" now that's something I am sure most of us would like to get our hands on. [Cool] [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 13, 2019 08:39 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Summary, Doug (Thanks!)

It's absolutely mind-boggling to think we're getting ready for #20 now. Not very long ago we thought it would be a big deal if we managed to get past #4!

CineSea is kind of like this: many of us invite people to watch films. -it's fun, but what if everybody in the room was just as enthusiastic about films as the one at the projector? -and what also if it were a big room, and a much bigger screen than any of us have at home?

It's hard to come by that level of enthusiasm!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 13, 2019 09:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you think I feel about it...Shorty

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2019 07:19 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to add my congratulations and appreciation to Steve for another wonderful 'round-up and report' of the recent CineSea 19 - for me, it is always captivating reading and each instalment leaves me in anticipation of the next one that follows! [Smile]

The pictures and associated additional comments only add to my determination to attend one of these fantastic gatherings, sooner rather than later. For me (and trying to be realistic!) it will probably have to be CineSea 21, next April 2020 - where I look forward to meeting Steve, Shorty, Doug et al [Smile]

Until then and once again, many thanks Steve and to all those who continue to make this most wonderful event happen [Smile]

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2019 09:50 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures and narrative from Steve and Doug. Like being there!

So great to see like minded enthusiasts having a such great time. [Smile]

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2019 10:34 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I failed to say so earlier, great write ups and photos Steve and Doug!

I'm joining the party late, but I finally had the chance to develop and scan my film from CineSea!

My contributions are a mix of Ilford 3200 via Agfa Record III (Xtol 1:1 @ 18 mins)
and Ilford HP5 via Kodak Retina IIIC (Xtol 1:1 @ 12 mins)

Enjoy!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 27, 2019 11:21 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan,

Gorgeous pictures! I love that Caribbean Hotel shot.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 27, 2019 11:56 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous pic's Evan! There's nothing like expertly shot black and white film. Gives CineSea a film noir look! I almost expected to see Robert Mitchum or Gloria Grahame lurking in some of the backgrounds. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 27, 2019 12:07 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics and recap of Cinesea 19 and thanks Steve and Doug for letting us that couldn't be there have a glimpse of the event. I also think Evan's B&W images are awesome!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 27, 2019 01:18 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan those B/W images look great [Cool]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 28, 2019 08:17 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon over, all you overseas chaps - I'll be at Blackpool again to further our discussions - Cheers, Shorty

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2019 05:02 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Doug, Paul, Janice and Graham!

There may be a couple more lurking in my scan files, I was restricted to 8 per post. I'll see If I can find and share those as well

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2019 11:27 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Doug, that shot of the Caribbean Hotel is so well done. Now think of that same shot in color and it would not be nearly as effective or convey the same mood. The magic of black and white photography.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC