8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A working Bauer T610 at last.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A working Bauer T610 at last.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 04, 2019 11:28 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some time ago i purchased a T610 Bauer from Europe which unfortunately, didn't work out. It had several faults and only came with a 1:2 lens and was almost 500 quid. Looking back now i paid way over the odds for it. Fortunately the company, (despite me being less than kind), did refund me in full so that was that. It was a very nice stereo machine and i did say at the time that if i could find a decent one in the UK for 250-300 max i would like to reinvest as it was the first full stereo machine i owned. Not to mention they are ridiculously quiet running & no wow on any type of film.

Move on a few years later, and thank you very much to Stuart Reed, he contacted me and asked if i was still looking for one. As it happened i wasn't looking at that time but after a chat to my Brother we thought we may as well add it to the collection and that will complete our projectors, apart from that, i know Stu is a long term collector so who knows when another one would come up for sale from a collector that we know & trust so hopefully now, we have more than enough "to see us through".
When Stuart contacted me he said he had a good one which he had serviced, it also came with a lovely Schneider 1:1 lens which as you all know makes a huge difference. The framer had been replaced with a Van Ek one and the sound was perfect on both channels. He even sent me a video of the projector working and a recording of the stereo sound being produced.
Just to top it all off, Stuarts family are in Plymouth and it just so happened they were visiting him in London and they very kindly delivered it to my home. This way my worry of the machine being damaged in transit through the couriers was put to rest. It doesn't get much better than that does it? Actually, it does, the instructions booklet is in English which is actually not so common with these projectors. [Big Grin]
I gave it a quick run up and was pleased to report back to Stuart that everything is 100%.
Thank you very much Stuart. [Wink]

I am aware that these machines use a lot of plastic parts so although it will be used reasonably regularly, i will still use Elmo 1200 HD's as my main machines, but the Bauer will be great for my few stereo prints and for when i do have friends around to show off a bit.

-

[ June 05, 2019, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2019 12:34 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A perfect example of what this forum is all about.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 04, 2019 02:17 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Tom, it looks like a very nice machine. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 04, 2019 03:29 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, [Wink]

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2019 03:45 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been a fan of these for ages,though I don't have a 610,which is I believe,the best of the bunch.I find the film handling and super quiet running superb,I sit right next to mine in my small hobby room,and hardly know its running!
Not so good,is quite a high hum level on the sound,but I believe the 610 is much better in this respect.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2019 04:28 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good Tom...glad you finally got one! [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 04, 2019 04:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunatly i play my projectors via an old pioneer stereo amp so it improves things by a mile. The sound from the Elmo is definatly better in that the volumne is way louder but most importantly, they dont have any hum. Only a hiss but in 40 years of collecting i have never had to have the volume anywhere near high enough to hear it.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2019 01:15 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Tom,lovely machine and will do you well for a few years. My only negative thing about the Bauers is on the odd occasion if you want to get a film out half way through projection it's a little fiddly compared to the Elmo,apart from that they are great machines,,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 05, 2019 02:52 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
who knows, i may, (only may), be tempted later on to try a short re record, maybe a music video length. it all looks a little complicated at the mo so for now it'l be viewing only. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2019 05:19 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll have to look at possibly changing the fps rate of the source material or modifying the machine Tom to do that,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 05, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fairly strait forward job Tom. Run case mountable POT (Potentiometer) replacing the internal POT which trims the speed control. Did my Sankyo back in the 80's also making it switchable if you want to go the distance, fixed or variable.

You can actually buy a POT kit if you can spend a little more.
Take care.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 05, 2019 07:00 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FFR in Germany replaces the original blades shutter by a 2/3 one. That means you have to send them the projector (and so taking the risk of a transport problem) but if everything goes well, the picture is brighter at 24 fps.

http://www.ffr-film.de/eng-bauer-.html

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 05, 2019 08:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the information,

Dominique, wow, while it is good that spares can be bought, some of those prices make it a little unviable as you would be half way to the cost of another machine.

[ June 18, 2019, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC