8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 501 sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 501 sound
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2019 05:34 PM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sound on 18 fps seems a bit high pitched. I suspect it is running a bit fast. Anyone know how to adjust the speed? Cheers Mike

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 30, 2019 07:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two pots on the board to adjust 18 and 24 fps. You can do that without need to open the body only by taking out the light cover. Becareful not to turn so hardly as they are very old.

--------------------
Winbert

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 01, 2019 03:07 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
Have a look at this former posting:-
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=012911#000000

--------------------
Maurice

Mike Spice
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2019 04:46 AM      Profile for Mike Spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you will find the speed pots are near the power supply on this model.
The pots that you can reach inside the light cover are not the speed adjust, they are associated with audio circuits if I remember rightly.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 01, 2019 07:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, I think you are right. I might have mixed up with Sankyo-800.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC