8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sound Capture from YELCO 600

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound Capture from YELCO 600
Israel Master
Junior

- posted July 02, 2019 03:29 PM      Profile for Israel Master   Email Israel Master   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of cable/equipment I need to connect YELCO 600 to a desktop computer to capture the sound track? Where to connect the cable on YELCO 600 and where to connect the cable on the computer?
I use the PowerDirector editing software with various capturing capabilities.

--------------------
Israel

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2019 04:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on what type of audio out connection you have on the projector. What type of connection is it?

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 02, 2019 09:15 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't record directly to my PC...but rather use a digital recorder. I connect the LINE OUT jack (not the external speaker) on the projector to the IN jack on my digital recorder. I set the recorder to record the mono signal onto both the left and right channels. I plug in earphones to the recorder to monitor the audio. The recorder records the file to a SSD card, but I usually just connect the recorder directly to my computer via an USB cable and copy the file to my computer.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Israel Master
Junior

- posted July 08, 2019 06:03 PM      Profile for Israel Master   Email Israel Master   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Janice and Barry,

Finally I got yesterday the YELCO DS-607M.

The audio capture is very simple.

I connected 3.5 mm cable from the YELCO line out to the PC line in.

I capture the sound with the Power Director editing software.

--------------------
Israel

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 08, 2019 11:18 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it worked out easily for you Israel!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC