8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lens Drift.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lens Drift.
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2019 10:35 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear a lot about the Elmo lens the F1.0! Sometimes it Drifts off focus! Well let's settle that! You can do this! You a part called the lens spring. Just bend it towards you and that will put more pressure on the lens. Or you can put more pressure on the part called the lens cam! Be adding a washer to it! Do one or the other or both!

|  IP: Logged

Robert Curtis
Junior

- posted August 31, 2019 01:38 PM      Profile for Robert Curtis   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon, I've been experiencing wandering focus for sometime now initially with the 1.0 lens so I purchased a 1.1 lens which slightly improved focus but not entirely cured the wandering focus. Could you please explain a little more fully what I'm looking for in terms of the lens spring and lens cam? I've tried every other possible solution to no avail. I've eliminated the lenses being at fault as they're perfect focus in my ST1200 HD. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2019 09:02 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, the lens spring is inside the lens holder. Pull lens out and you will see it! Its silver and it sits up top! The lens cam is behind the focus knob. Take off focus plate and then you will see a screw. Take off screw and then add another washer! The focus knob will be a little more stiffer and will hold focus!

Robert Curtis
Junior

- posted September 01, 2019 10:11 AM      Profile for Robert Curtis   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your explanation, Leon! Adjusting the lens spring seems to have solved the wandering focus. I've owned a GS1200 since the late 80's and never knew the spring was there! [Smile]

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2019 09:45 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its good to hear it worked out for you! Enjoy your machine Robert!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC