8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Grease Feature Length on Ebay!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grease Feature Length on Ebay!
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 05, 2004 01:12 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys-
Yes..once again its another shameless plug! I need to do this to fuel my addiction. You know what I mean.
I have up for auction my Feature Length print of Grease. This is the Marketing Films version and the details are here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6321609865&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
I am selling it because I have upgraded to the NEW Derann Scope Print!
It will be my first NEW print and it was only possible because Derann gave me a credit on my Copy of Rocky that arrived with unsynced sound! I love that company!
Great customer service. Anyways..I digress! The copy is good. The picture has faded a little but not too much. There is still much color in the print and the sound is very nice! Full, rich..like a nice Merlot!

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 05, 2004 06:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Alan, is this the full 110 minute feature or is it edited? [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 05, 2004 08:56 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the full version. As far as I know didn't Marketing Films make only 2 versions? The 3 x 400 and the full length one.

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2004 05:56 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I hope the brand new print Alan has bought in England has a faultless sound stripe. I did get 4 prints of GREASE from England and all had a bad sound stripe. I had to send all prints back and ended up without GREASE on super8mm.

I would gladly order some new super8mm full feature prints in the future but it is really hard to get a faultless new print nowadays. Mostly the sound stripe is very poor. Thus I am always looking for old KODAK pre-striped prints, which do not have these troubles.

Best

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 06, 2004 09:56 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once I receive it I will post here. I know what you mean in a sense. My first print of "Battle of Carthage" Gladiator film had wow and flutter on the balance stripe. i played the other one just yesterday and I think this one is the same. But i'll have to listen to it again to double check.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 06, 2004 12:20 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Alan, I just read the description again and you stated plainly "1 hour and 50 minutes". Sorry, guess I was on my first cup of coffee. [Cool]

[ September 11, 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC