8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Raise The Titanic Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raise The Titanic Wanted
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 02:40 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Ive just enjoyed the forum , My name is Pat Walsh I am 20 from New Zealand, I am a projectionist and collector of 8mm ,16mm and 35mm films and projectors, and a fan of the 80s bomb Raise The Titanic, I am wanting to get a copy of this in any gauge to add to my Raise The Titanic collection, also I am interested in getting any trailers, condenced features, snips, fottage as well from Raise The Titanic.
I would prefer to trade films for a copy but would can also $
Cheers
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 02, 2006 03:33 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Patrick, from the other side of the globe, and welcome to the forum.
Scope super 8 prints (abridged and full feature) of Raise the Titanic do pop-up from time to time on used lists that are being posted here. So, keep your eyes peeled.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 03:44 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Patrick

Welcome tho the forum [Smile] .

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 02, 2006 05:31 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick, and again a warm welcome to the forum. As well as seeing this on super 8 I have also seen it on 16mm. Indeed I had a copy myself on 16mm which was on low fade Agfa but I sold it on eventually.

Keep an eye on the dealers lists here in the UK. Perry's, Derann, Paul Foster Films and also Classic Home Cinema are the lists to watch. Those lists do get posted here on the forum except Classic's but you can check his list at www.classichomecinema.co.uk although he tends not to keep his web site up to date so a call may be worthwhile.

Best of luck for your search, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 05:57 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick,

Welcome to the Forum, I've got the 8mm scope trailer for sale on my lists, it's in very good condition, it's £12 plus post, if you'd like to have a look then go to the BFCC SITE and follow the link to the INDEPENDENT 8 pages. You can contact me direct at indi8films@aol.com if you like.

Barry.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 09:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hello patrick and welcome to the forum.
i have a dvd version and the super8mm versions.
my advice is to try ebay;thats were i got mine.
good luck and good searching.andy.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 10:09 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone and thanks for the replys, I would be keen to get the feature only at this point in any gauge but not in scope on super 8 as my super 8 projector does not have the scope lens but I have lenses for 16mm and 35mm. A 400ft or 600ft digest version in flat would be great, I have about 5 or 6 super 8 digest films that I would like to trade.
email me off site at raise_the_titanic_film@hotmail if anyone is keen.
A bit about my gear, I have the following in projectors
2x 35mm Westar projectors with Peerless arcs, 1x B&H Filmoarc 16mm with a converted lmaphouse using a 400w 36v halogen lamp.
1x B&H 631 projector(The most reliable machine I have ever used!)
1x BTH, and about 3 EIKIs that are in various states of "goingness", for super8 I have a Hanimex with 600ft reel capacity, and some B&H showmasters.
Thankyou
Patrick

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2006 12:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hi there patrick,my raise the titanic is the normal ratio print.
its on 1x1200ft reel& 1x800ft reel.
ive only ever seen the scope 1x600ft digest.
if you own a dvd player what about the dvd?.
i still think new zealand is on the pal 625 line t.v system?.andy.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2006 09:15 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew
Yes I have Raise on DVD in both the flat with pan/scan and the 16:9 version, both are available down here in the bargin bin for $10 each(about 3 pounds) but they have no dvd extras.
I would like to get it on film as I think it would look great on the "big" screen, and being a collector and fan of the film, I would like it on film just to say I have it on film if you know what I mean.
Patrick [Wink]

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2006 01:43 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick, if you are still interested, Derann have the following for sale from their latest email sales list.

036- RAISE THE TITANIC- 4 x 600' A/B. Scope. £129.99. The American military have a experimental defence system that requires an extremely rare mineral in order to work. Investigations prove that the only known source of this mineral is lying at the bottom of of sea in the wreck of the Titanic.

137- RAISE THE TITANIC- 2 x 400' A. Scope. £10.99. Excellent 30 minute highlight version of this Dirk Pitt adventure

Craig

[ July 21, 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Craig Hamilton ]

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 05:01 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graig
Yes I am keen to get those films but the old $ is streched at the moment as I am going on holiday to Austrailia, so I will have to decline! [Frown] same old story when something comes up that you want there is never any spare $!
Patrick

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 05:02 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graig
Yes I am keen to get those films but the old $ is streched at the moment as I am going on holiday to Austrailia, so I will have to decline! [Frown] same old story when something comes up that you want there is never any spare $!
Patrick

--------------------

Xavier Gascon
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2006 02:17 PM      Profile for Xavier Gascon   Email Xavier Gascon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello it's in derann today list in very good price
601 - RAISE THE TITANIC, 4x180m ‘scope - A - £79.99
Box office bomb about some schemers' hell bent efforts to raise the fated vessel from its murky grave when it is suspected that there's a fortune in radioactive cargo aboard. Jason Robards and Alec Guinness star. Original Derann boxes

Thanks
Xavier

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2006 11:52 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Xavier
I have emailed them
Cheers
Patrick

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC