8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for the exorcist and jaws

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for the exorcist and jaws
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2006 02:50 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have these films in good condition for sale.

Exorcist 3 reeler and jaws 2 reeler.

cheers

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 20, 2006 05:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid to say it may already be done, but there was an auction for the 3X400ft. edition of the exorcist on the U.K. ebay auctions. Sorry, i don't have a link.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 20, 2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid to say it may already be done, but there was an auction for the 3X400ft. edition of the exorcist on the U.K. ebay auctions. Sorry, i don't have a link.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2006 01:57 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that auction is over because I was the winner. I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I'm not sure about the quality yet. I just purchased it for a Halloween show so I may want to resell it in a couple weeks... I'll let you know.

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2006 02:19 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I saw the auction.

Let me know about the quality, I sent the seller an few questions during the acution and he said It was a bit red the print.

Let us know how the print is

Chears
PAblo

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2006 10:13 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo - I seemed to have lucked out a bit (for once) with THE EXORCIST print from the UK. It is not really red... The seller didn't have a projector and just rolled a few feet out and saw the bright red Warner logo at the front and assumed that was how the entire movie is... but when the film starts the color is fine. I wouldn't call it great - it's a little warm but from I've heard in previous posts they all are that way. But Linda Blair's nightgown is still a vibrant blue in certain scenes. After receiving a number of completely red Ebay purchases recently this was a nice surprise. The original boxes are in great shape, too! If I decide to part with it after Halloween I'll post a notice here.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2006 07:15 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a funny update on the three reel EXORCIST print which I bought SPECIFICALLY for Halloween -- so I had it threaded and ready to roll... when one of my guests (a friend of a friend I didn't know) blurted out that she was a religious Catholic and would be deeply offended and leave if I showed anything about "demon possession"! I should have said , 'OK, bye' and shown it anyway... but I decided to take the high road and be nice. Having had a few drinks by then, I stood there stunned (thinking of the $100 I spent for the print) and then had to scamble and think of what to show. I decided to show Texas Chainsaw instead and I think she was so freaked out she would have preferred The Exorcist! [Wink]

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo
Just sent you a Private Message

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC