8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8mm FEATURES (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Super 8mm FEATURES
Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2007 03:52 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with everything Gary says about Ricky. I had a print of "Aladdin" from him and it's excellent. All I can say is, if you are thinking about buying any film on his list, don't hestitate - get on and do it. You won't be dissappointed.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2007 04:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly wish I could. It's that postage that's the killer, and I'm sure Ricky can't do too much about it. I mean, hey, U.K. postage for a 3 or 4X600 is about 15 pounds, and even that is 30.00 american dollars.

Despite common knowledge to the contrary, not all americans are rolling in the dough, so, in my case, I literally have to wait until a print I've wanted from the U.K. becomes available on ebay or from a private seller in america.

in the three years that I have been back into the Super 8 collecting business, (concerning U.K. shipping and beyond), I could have bought approximately TEN Derann features brand new.

I know that this kind of discussion had been done ad nauseum, but hey, 35 pounds is 70.00 american dollars in shipping. It really does add up.

Oh, and I like brown and grey stripe equally, but I prefer candy stripe!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2007 05:30 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi - Who's this "Candy Stripper"? Is there anything we should know? Was she in "Naked Gun"? [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 04, 2007 05:43 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up for the candy stripe too. [Big Grin] My Xenon whispered to me that the candy stripe is a bit of a challenge and that providing I changed the bias as the strip changed colour she would still do a good recording [Big Grin]

K.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2008 04:23 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky could you email me and let me know which films are still available along with the shipping cost ?

Thanks

[ May 02, 2008, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Roy Neil ]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 02, 2008 04:41 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, the infamous candy stripe... I too heard that recording on it results in a very sweet sound [Big Grin] but it's sticky business, you want to keep that stuff lubricated really well [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2008 05:03 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the movie okay with original box?
And do you accept paypal?
Can i reserve the movie(The little mermaid) and pay in the begin of June?
And how is the quality there are stories about this movie that the quality from the DerAnn release is not so good.
Can you tell me?

Best regards,
Jeroen.

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 02, 2008 11:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Candy Stripe is quite good. I do remember a lovely lassie (before me wifey) by name of Candy.

It really is interesting that girls with the name of "candy" do tend to be rather, shall we say "energetic"

by the look my wife is giving me, I'd best leave Candy in the past. Sample some candy for yourselves lads!

Damn, what was this topic about.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2008 04:05 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,i can't mail you about The little mermaid.

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JEROEN, You have email [Smile]

ROY, Exactly the titles listed on the first page of this post and I'd have to wait until you have chosen a title so that I can weigh it and get a quote from the Post Office on the price of Shipping to the USA.

Best Regards,
Ricky

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2008 02:58 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,

Actually there are a few films I was interested in but Id rather discuss the details via email; there is no means to send you an email or I would.

Kind Regards,

- Roy

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2008 03:09 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Roy,

email to: rickyd2001 at hotmail dot com

of course replace the at and dot with the relevant symbols as I have just presented the address like this to deter spams.

All the best,
Ricky

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky - How's the color on your scope print of 2001? I'm thinking about it but the color would have to be vibrant. Thanks and please let me know.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2008 07:49 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, You have email!

[ May 06, 2008, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Neil Townsend
Junior

- posted May 21, 2008 11:49 PM      Profile for Neil Townsend   Email Neil Townsend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interested in one of your prints..want to know if West Side Story print still available..email me. thanks.

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 07:22 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky
give us a ring please
Ian

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 02:15 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky,
new member says hello.
I'm interested in the full feature of "FLASH GORDON (CinemaScope) 4x600 - RARE Derann print".
I tried to mail you or send an PM, but I can't find an adress.

Regards,
Mike

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Andrea Croattini
Junior

- posted May 30, 2008 08:36 AM      Profile for Andrea Croattini   Email Andrea Croattini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky.New member also interested to buy your Flash Gordon (1980) Scope.I'm unfortunately in tail because i must await in order to access the forum and send this post. [Frown]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2008 06:12 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrea Croattini,

YOU HAVE EMAIL... [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 02, 2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrea,

Welcome to the Forum!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2008 02:19 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Doug [Smile] How rude of me to think business first [Frown]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2008 02:54 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, FLASH GORDON is on his way to you [Wink]

BTW If anyone would like to purchase and pay via instalments over a couple of months I'd entertain that arrangement [Smile]

Rick

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2008 12:03 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Ricky,
I'm interested in "the little mermaid" and maybe "cinderella".
Could you send me an e-mail with price and condition.
thanks, Edouard

Jonathan Redwood
Junior

- posted July 06, 2008 01:58 PM      Profile for Jonathan Redwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I'm new here, although I've been lurking for a while not really knowing where to start! This seems a good place.

Ricky, I am interested in your print of The Sound of Music if still available. I'd be grateful if you could e-mail me with the details.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 06, 2008 05:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan,

We're glad you stopped skulking around and ventured out in the open. Welcome to the Forum!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC