8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Birth of a Nation on ebay - complete & new

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Birth of a Nation on ebay - complete & new
Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2010 06:34 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately (for me) a regular 8mm print. I really have to find a projector for that format.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BIRTH-OF-A-NATION-entire-film-8mm-Archival-print_W0QQitemZ230455057286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Film?hash=item35a8311b86

And for once a really low price.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

|  IP: Logged

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2010 09:57 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's really unplayed and archival and from "Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences," then I wouldn't project it if I owned it, would you?

Michael Dixon
Junior

- posted April 01, 2010 05:04 PM      Profile for Michael Dixon   Email Michael Dixon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At 185 minutes, the 12 reels shown must be just 200 feet each. My Blackhawk regular 8 silent print is 6 reels, 400 feet each. Purchased new from Blackhawk at the time they introduced it for $100.00 Original Blackhawk box in excellent condition. Blackhawk notes that their source is the original 35mm negative. I plan to sell mine soon.

[ April 02, 2010, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dixon ]

Joe McAllister
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 10:00 AM      Profile for Joe McAllister   Email Joe McAllister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend purchased the Thunderbird tinted print in 16mm. The picture quality was superb but it had an added music track recorded at 24 which was not really suitable.
My print is a 16mm silent probably from the MofMA archive which is very good.
I heard a story that the tinted original print which was the source of the Thunderbird prints and the Photoplay restoration ended up lost!

--------------------
Always interested in privately produced amateur and home movies.

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael
I'm looking for a copy of Birth of A Nation in regular 8mm and I saw that you might be selling yours soon, if you're up for selling I would consider buying that from you. Hope you don't mind my asking. cheers,Richard

Michael Dixon
Junior

- posted April 02, 2010 12:00 PM      Profile for Michael Dixon   Email Michael Dixon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tried to send email to Richard, but the forum blocked it. [Frown]

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 02:29 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael
Yeah same with me. I tried sending you an email but forum blocked it. My email is
meldada@gmail.com

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can the forum block an e-mail sent over the internet to someone's private email address?

The seller calling that print "archival" when it is 8mm is brazen nonsense.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 07:51 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a tinted Thunderbird 16mm print and now it is ALL tinted red! The original tinted scenes are bright red, the rest dull red.

The same would have happened to the Blackhawk prints if they were all on colour stock pre '83. With Blackhawk however they had a habit of using colour stock only on colour scenes; did they do this with BOAN?

I have a Blackhawk 400ft Super 8 called Coming Attractions and it is part colour stock and part B & W.

David

Michael Dixon
Junior

- posted April 03, 2010 06:57 AM      Profile for Michael Dixon   Email Michael Dixon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, to check the email function personally, click on the icon (envelope with person standing beside it) right above this message. The email function will open. Try to send me a message.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC