8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED: RATHBONE SHERLOCK HOLMES FEATURES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: RATHBONE SHERLOCK HOLMES FEATURES
Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2010 11:31 PM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I am looking for quality Super 8mm Sound prints on several of the Sherlock Holmes features starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. especially... SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET WEAPON, THE WOMAN IN GREEN, and THE PEARL OF DEATH. I realize that there were some pretty poor quality prints circulating in the seventies and eighties, but that there are some nice prints as well. Someone just recently had a beautiful print of SECRET WEAPON on Ebay, but I was outbid at the last minute. if anyone can help me with these, I would appreciate it. Again, let me express my appreciation for several members help in finding Lugosi material which I did purchase several titles per your recommendations. This forum is a great source for information and help and has many fine members who are very helpful. Thanks again, Brian Cook. ps As soon as I have some time I plan to review a few more titles I have been fortunate enough to pick up in the past few weeks. I hope these are of some help to some members, as I know I wish that every title was reviewed on the forum here, and find myself with absolutely no knowledge on quality or content of many of the films printed on 8 and Super 8mm.

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

|  IP: Logged

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2010 09:31 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some Holmes features in great shape,plus 3 of the digests.Email me if your interested.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2010 08:04 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

For SECRET WEAPON, DRESSED TO KILL, TERROR BY NIGHT, and WOMAN IN GREEN, look for Niles prints. Since these are public domain, at least one other company released them -- Hollywood Film Exchange. While HFE prints of Holmes titles aren't bad, Niles was much better. The other 8 in the series were only release by Niles.
I've never seen a bad Niles Holmes print.

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2010 09:11 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a WOMAN IN GREEN print that I haven't investigated yet...its in plain white boxes, two 400' reels to a box. There are four reels total. Two questions then...

who issued the print?

does that sound complete, 4 reels?

uh, make that three questions. Anybody wanna buy it? I'm pretty easy...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 22, 2010 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a guy over on the 16mm forum who's selling a bunch of those Niles Holmes prints on Super 8.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2010 07:00 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've got a WOMAN IN GREEN print that I haven't investigated yet...its in plain white boxes, two 400' reels to a box. There are four reels total. Two questions then...

who issued the print?

does that sound complete, 4 reels?

Most likely Hollywood Film Exchange. 4x400' reels is complete.

Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2010 11:51 PM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you to everyone who responded. I have WOMAN IN GREEN and picked up PEARL OF DEATH through the forum. I am looking for SECRET WEAPON, TERROR BY NIGHT, a good print of SPIDER WOMAN, and VOICE OF TERROR. thanks to all again, Brian

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2010 07:25 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I would be interested in Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes-Titles, too.
If someone will sell them, please contact me ;-)

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC