8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Selling to other countries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Selling to other countries
Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2011 02:29 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided I don't want to sign up for PayPal when I offer my films for sale. What other options are available to the buyers in other countries to get payment to me in the U.S.? I'm sure that there are members here that have experience in that area. I would greatly appreciate any help you would be offering. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 24, 2011 03:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,

The only option available for sending money overseas is TT (Telegraphic Transfer) or is also now known as Bank Transfer.

But I bet, no one will do this since TT does cost a lot of money no matter that small or big amount. For example TT from Canada is about $45/transfer, no matter you send $50 or $30,000.

There is another option of course i.e Western Union or Money Gram, but it is not secure for buyer side.

Between neighboring country like Canada and US, there is a much cheaper way i.e sending money order.

regards,

winbert

[ March 24, 2011, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 24, 2011 05:34 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Greg, sent you an email about your films - Shorty

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2011 08:00 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - E-mail sent to you. Thanks!

Joe - E-mail sent to you. Thanks!

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2011 09:00 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why you dont want to use paypal, but there are several other options:

1) Western Union transfers (they send it and you go to your local grocery store or UPS store etc and pick it up)

2) International money order or bank draft (make sure it's sent in $US from a bank that has a US routing #).

3) Cash wrapped in tin foil and placed in a card or something to hide it.

4) Wire transfer (will cost both to send and receive).

But, Paypal is by far the easiest way to deal with international transactions.

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 01:11 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven - I did not like the idea of linking a company to my credit card or bank account. However my problem with PayPal has been solved. My wife's sister has a business and she uses PayPal all the time and she has generously offered to be my "agent" in receiving payments for orders. She would then write me a check and send it to me. So I will be able to offer PayPal as a payment option. Thanks, Steven, for your concern and help.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC