8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Bedknobs and Broomsticks digests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Bedknobs and Broomsticks digests
Kirkamus Anderson
Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2011 01:01 PM      Profile for Kirkamus Anderson   Email Kirkamus Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heyo,

Looking for either or both Bedknobs and Broomsticks 200' digests.
Color and sound please.

Match of the Century or the other one where they're underwater?

Shipped prices to 91423.

Independent 8 has a slew of them, but don't really want to pay shipping if someone here has a deal.

Thanks!
Kirk

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 09, 2011 10:48 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kirkamus,

The second excerpt is The Beautiful Briny.

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2011 03:51 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to get it from Independent 8 as there is a better chance of a good color copy. Just ask anyway. His shipping rates are not that bad. I would rather pay a little extra for good color than receive a faded copy.

Kirkamus Anderson
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 12:43 PM      Profile for Kirkamus Anderson   Email Kirkamus Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I think I might just give an email over to independent 8. I just think these would be so much fun to show!

Best!
Kirk

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 01:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry's not kidding about that ...

In the UK, they printed quite a few of thier Disney Digests on either FUJI film stock or AGFA, and these digests have held up perfectly! I gave up trying to find good prints of the Disney digests in the US, as they used either Eastman or Kodak SP, and both of these film stocks have largely faded to varying degrees of pink or brown.

This is also true of the 400ft digests. My library of the Dinsey 400ft cartoon compilations are now all on those two film stocks and yep, all from the UK. I believe that the UK film lab was BUCK FILMS.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 06:44 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And while we're on the subject -- I'm still looking for the Bedknobs and Broomsticks feature released in Italy if anyone has one for sale...

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2011 08:31 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just won a Bedknobs feature on Italian Ebay. I am so happy after a successful end to a multi-year search - can't wait to get it and re-record it into stereo.

PS: It's a reminder to always look on the international Ebay sites - you never know what you will find!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 26, 2011 02:29 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, what is the different between Italian and US or UK release?

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2011 10:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Brian!

I hope that the print has decent color. I have seen a print of this Italian feature and the one I saw was faded, about 50 percent, hopefully, your print will fare better!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC