8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Independent 8 - Re-Opening on Friday 21st October

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independent 8 - Re-Opening on Friday 21st October
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 05:38 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, firstly I would like to thank everyone who has sent me cards and messages of goodwill and sympathy on the loss of my brother Terry to Pancreatic Cancer, it has helped immensley.

I have decided to re-open from Friday (21st October), so if there is anything you wish to buy from the current list then please contact me in the usual ways from that date.

It has taken me a while to sort out my film shed, when we got the news of Terry's condition, everything was just dumped in there to give more room for his needs, but slowly I am getting it to a state where I can at least get to the films and send out orders, that is why I am not opening any sooner, as I have only now got up the energy to tackle it, as the last 6-7 weeks has been extremely hard and taxing on myself and my family, but Terry would not want me to mourn too long, as he was really interested and supportive of my 8mm activities, so it's "Back in the Saddle" from Friday.

I would also like to thank many collectors who phoned up trying to place orders when Terry was very sick, there understanding of my situation was brilliant, when told that the business was closed temporarily and why, were to a man totaly understanding.

[ October 18, 2011, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Barry Attwood ]

|  IP: Logged

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 08:25 AM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for your loss, Barry.

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister (42) is going thru breast cancer at the moment, so understand how it feels when a family member is suffering, it affects us all. Cancer is a bloody awful disease.

All the very best to you Barry, kind regards, Mark

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 18, 2011 01:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear that you'll be back up and running soon.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 03:43 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Barry.

So sorry for your loss.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC