8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Sorceror's Apprentice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Sorceror's Apprentice
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2011 03:39 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where I can get a copy? Or how much I should be paying for this?

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 01, 2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They turn up fairly often on lists, etc. I'd guess you would pay around $15 for a 'warm' copy in the original box. No doubt a LPP copy would be worth significantly more but I'm yet to find one, although they exist.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2011 02:16 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys. In Italy and France this was also released on LPP. The Italian cut is the same issued in the UK and USA (same English titles), whereas the French one (printed on Agfa) has different titles. So hard, btw, to get them. Good luck.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 02, 2011 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was printed on both LPP and eatsman. However, it was not the regualr eastman. It will fade, but quite slowly if it's the non LPP version. I have the nopn LPP version, and while the blacks are not absolutely perfect, it is a fine good color print altogether.

By the way, I think that the box that WDHM's put out for this release was tops! A plastic sleeve over the top with illustrations on it, (much like the deluxe versions of "Mickey Mouse: The First 50 Years") and an "open door" box. Perhaps Gian could put up a shot of the BOx (or someone else?)

... and this was also a extra long 200ft, almost to the very brim of the 200ft reel. Very nice and, as Gian said, hard to find. I wouldn't be surprised if this was among WDHM's last official releases.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2011 01:25 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am unfamiliar with allot of the terms you all are using. So what kind of Sorceror's Apprentice should I be looking for. also how do I know what print it is. I have found a couple on some 8mm sites.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 02, 2011 02:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought one from Derann with the "Slight Colour Fade" notation in 2003, it wasn't particularly faded then and it hasn't noticeably changed since.

If the seller can certify the colors are still good, you are probably pretty safe here.

If they say they "can't play it" because they "don't have a VCR anymore"....move along....

-another one will show up sooner or later.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC